Rear hatch hinges?

polarisn1

Original poster
Apr 19, 2014
Hi everyone,

So I am going through and fixing everything that I think needs to be fixed on this thing.

I noticed that my hinges are all rusty, and there are some plastic parts like shims missing. Is there a GM part number to just replace both hinge pins? Google is not being helpful at all!

Thanks

polarisn1

Original poster
Apr 19, 2014
I have also replaced the hatch struts, but waiting on the parts to show up for the glass struts. Those things were shot too..

I like getting this thing whipped into shape!

The_Roadie

Lifetime VIP Donor
Nov 19, 2011
Portland, OR
Man, this was a frustrating search for me, too. And I've been looking into this for a while.

http://www.tonkinonlineparts.com/showAssembly.aspx?ukey_assembly=844642

has a bunch of parts, but they are silent on the availability of the hinge pin #36. I would take measurements, and check your local aftermarket parts store because I know Dorman makes replacement tailgate hinge pins for trucks. You might get lucky. Hard to believe nobody's published a solution here or on the previous site, but I suppose these trucks are getting rustier as time goes on.

060517TS17-1531.JPG

polarisn1

Original poster
Apr 19, 2014
if you have been looking for a long time and not found anything, that makes me nervous! I cant seem to find anything...

The_Roadie

Lifetime VIP Donor
Nov 19, 2011
Portland, OR
Sorry, I should have been clear. Your post got me Googling and checking my favorite on-line GM parts vendors, and I didn't locate them in ten minutes of Googling. Which is about 2 hours for my brother, who is a horrible Googler. My hinge pins are fine and I haven't been looking for replacements until just now for you. "A while" for me is usually about six minutes. :eek: My wife agrees. :wink:

Reactions: Chris JW

polarisn1

Original poster
Apr 19, 2014
hahaha fair enough. I will just get the part number from the stealership tomorrow. My hinge pins are pretty nasty.

IllogicTC

Dec 30, 2013
I must say I appreciate your respect for the vehicle and wanting to keep it in top shape. Sorry I don't have anything to add other than encouragement in your endeavors.

polarisn1

Original poster
Apr 19, 2014
IllogicTC said:
I must say I appreciate your respect for the vehicle and wanting to keep it in top shape. Sorry I don't have anything to add other than encouragement in your endeavors.
Yeah, I am pretty anal about my vehicles. I keep them in tip top shape, and they never let me down. I guess it is just how I am. :thumbsup:

Thanks for the encouragement! I need it with all the stuff I am doing to it. Most of it is just piddly stuff, but needs to be done before it goes into service and I sell my Bonneville!

Reactions: Mounce

Mooseman

Dec 4, 2011
Ottawa, ON
I replaced all my pins and bushings when I replaced my hatch, which would be 3, 4 and 36 in the diagram. I remember them being not so cheap from the stealership and nearly fell on my ass.

Reactions: polarisn1

polarisn1

Original poster
Apr 19, 2014
Are 3 and 4 different? The Gm parts diagram shows them as same part number..

ddgm

May 7, 2013
Looking at the roadie's link, it just lists #3 and says 4 required so I would assume they are all the same.

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Firebaugh86

Members Online