rear climate with radio

Team Dougherty

Original poster
May 22, 2012
Hello I found this site from the "other" site. This site seems to have a lot more traffic. So I will ask my question here. I did search both sites but could not find an answer.

I have a 2002 Envoy with the plain rear seat climate controls on/off and floor/ face and floor / face only settings. Can I replace it with the one that has the radio and climate controls as a plug and play operation? I have the factory radio.

The_Roadie

Lifetime VIP Donor
Nov 19, 2011
Portland, OR
Since almost all the technical volunteers moved here, the other site is sort of a ghost town. Welcome!

In general, features like this weren't allowed by GM to be a simple plug and play addition if they didn't come from the factory that way. A Tech II tool would be needed to add features, and many dealers charge 1/2 hour minimum charge to even tell you whether it's possible or not. In eight years, I don't recall anyone ever trying that exact mod.

Team Dougherty

Original poster
May 22, 2012
the roadie said:
Since almost all the technical volunteers moved here, the other site is sort of a ghost town. Welcome!

In general, features like this weren't allowed by GM to be a simple plug and play addition if they didn't come from the factory that way. A Tech II tool would be needed to add features, and many dealers charge 1/2 hour minimum charge to even tell you whether it's possible or not. In eight years, I don't recall anyone ever trying that exact mod.

Thank you. I did not want to spend the $50 to try it.

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Firebaugh86

Members Online

No members online now.