Rear AC line trouble

Crazy cooter

Original poster
Jul 17, 2020
Winchester,Ky.40391
I have a 2005 Chevrolet TrailBlazer which will drive you nuts trying to fix the rear AC lines. Does anyone have any suggestions how to block the lines to the rear off. The core lines broke off. Can these lines be blocked or hook them together some way you completely bypass the rear core.

Mooseman

Dec 4, 2011
Ottawa, ON
A/C shops can weld them shut but I used these:

Be sure to replace the yellow orifice tube with a white one.

Reactions: mrrsm and Blckshdw

Crazy cooter

Original poster
Jul 17, 2020
Winchester,Ky.40391
I bought two different types block offs kits and they only block off the condenser which is broke not the lines. I thought this would work too but it only blocks the condenser. Thank you anyway

Mooseman

Dec 4, 2011
Ottawa, ON
They block off the rear lines at the front of them near the frame on each side. Why would they make something to block off the condenser? (which is in front of the radiator)

Mooseman

Dec 4, 2011
Ottawa, ON
Just so to be clear, you're trying to block off the lines to the rear EVAPORATOR. The condenser is what is in front of the radiator.

Those block off kits. like the one I linked, blocks off the lines at the circled points, thus blocking off the rear lines, allowing you to use the front system only.

Rear Block Off Locations 002.jpg

Crazy cooter

Original poster
Jul 17, 2020
Winchester,Ky.40391
Thank you so much for your input. I do not have a schematic like you showed me. I do appreciate it very much I knew it would not work in the back. Thank you so much this will help a lot!!!

Reactions: mrrsm

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jvest

Members Online

No members online now.