Raybestos Rotors & Pads

salvo2002

Original poster
Dec 5, 2011
replaced the rotors and pads today with a set of raybestos. ordered from rockauto for $300. best thing about it was that the pads included the hardware! this was a better deal than ordering new rotors, pads, and hardware from Advance Auto when they were running a 20% off discount :wootwoot: I ordered the "premium" version of the raybestos rotors and pads.....
TBrockauto.png

I burnished them in using the 30/30/30 method, cooled for 10min, and added 5 hard stops (w/o locking them up) from 50mph, cooled for 15min. results were good and the transfer looked uniform across the rotors.

nice box. they have a "rust prevention" painted hat and outside circumference.
View attachment 17057

the R&R went great, took me about 4hrs. being my first brake job on a TB, I think that's fairly decent (I've done several on a BMW 323i, the wife's car). one question tho, has anyone run into a bunch of thread lock on the rear caliper bracket bolt? that was a bitch to get off. I cleaned off the blots and torqued them back on (148 ft#s) but didn't put any thread lock on em, is that ok?
View attachment 17060

I'll give a status update on how they are doing after my next tire rotation.......

Attachments

• raybestos_3.jpg
    raybestos_3.jpg
    40.1 KB · Views: 113
  • raybestos_2.jpg
    raybestos_2.jpg
    42.5 KB · Views: 115
  • raybestos_1.jpg
    raybestos_1.jpg
    59.9 KB · Views: 112
  • tbrearbolt.jpg
    tbrearbolt.jpg
    50.9 KB · Views: 110

ieatglue

Nov 20, 2011
I went with the professional grade Raybestos ceramics. They're great pads, and yes the hardware was included too!

:biggrin:

Buffalo1028

Dec 8, 2011
Hi ,

I drive my Envoy extremely hard on back roads and highways. I have had excellent success with the Akebono Pro Act Brake Pads. Front Part # Act882, Rear Part # Act883. They come with stainless hardware. Rock Auto has them for $63.79 for the front and $47.79 for the rear plus shipping. You can usual find a 5% discount if you Google it. These pads decrease my stopping noticeably. My son-in law liked them so much, he put a set on his Ford F150. I currently have them on my Envoy and Volvo S40. Great stopping and I have experienced no fadding.

Buffalo1028

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MissCrutcher

Members Online

No members online now.