Rattling sound when going over bumps in road

eutechnyx

Original poster
Mar 31, 2012
Hi guys,I own an 03 envoy its bagged lays frame on 24's,my issue is (verified its nothing with the bag system) when going over bumps or holes in the road etc i hear a rattling,I thought it was my trailer hitch for my tag and it wasnt that so now im not sure what it is. almost sounds like a heat shield or something to that nature rattling metal on metal. Ive checked that all aftermarket items are tight and solid so im at a loss here. If anyone has any help feel free to post it up. Ive also checked the oil pan shield(removed now),exhaust doesnt seem to rattle i dont believe,I tried kicking it around a little and didnt hear anything.

Blckshdw

Nov 20, 2011
Tampa Bay Area, FL
Can you tell which side it's coming from? While the frame is off the ground, if you open one of the rear doors, and push on the roof to rock the truck from side to side, does this reproduce the rattling sound?

Something similar happened with Decembersend's truck, and it took us a year to figure out it was the panhard bar. Although it was bolted in tight, it was still making noise until we unbolted the noisy side, shook it to confirm that was it, and the rebolted it back. :crazy:

Blckshdw

Nov 20, 2011
Tampa Bay Area, FL
eutechnyx said:
I can try that. i doubt i still have the panhard though lol.

:duh: Yeah you're probably right. Hopefully you can at least narrow it down to which side it is, and go from there.

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
bobby2175

Members Online