Ratain factory xm with aftermarket head unit

Me007gold

Original poster
Nov 20, 2011
I dont think it is possible, but figured I would ask any ways. Can you keep the factory XM tuner with an aftermaker head unit. I have an Inno, but would rather keep the clean look of the factory tuner.

MMIN

Feb 26, 2012
I dont think it is possible, but figured I would ask any ways. Can you keep the factory XM tuner with an aftermaker head unit. I have an Inno, but would rather keep the clean look of the factory tuner.

The GMOS-100 can keep the OEM tuner working but I would not recommend it. If you had a newer GM suv (yukon, tahoe, etc) then you could still view the station info in the DIC after replacing the radio. On our vehicles you would need an additional display (XIA-LCD) to mount somewhere to see the info and that + the GMOS-100 would be too much cost. For that you can add XM or Sirius to your Pioneer/Kenwood/whatever for half the cost and have better display and control over the sat features. Maybe consider putting the inno in the glovebox and routing the audio to a rear aux on the new radio then just open and change stations when needed. In my case I'm always jumping around so I opted for the direct in on my avic. Hope it helps,

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jvest

Members Online

No members online now.