RANT THREAD

Status
Not open for further replies.

Aarkon

Original poster
Nov 6, 2013
thought it would be nice to have a thread where people can vent about stuff like people on the roads, something breaking, or even something dumb you did yoursef but not talking bad about other members on this site

RayGumm

Apr 16, 2014
Fucking Comcast. That's all. Just fuck'em.

If this is too obscene, let me know and I will edit it. But fuck Comcast. For real.

Aarkon

Original poster
Nov 6, 2013
RayGumm said:

If this is too obscene, let me know and I will edit it. But fuck Comcast. For real.
come on theres gotta be story behind that

The_Roadie

Lifetime VIP Donor
Nov 19, 2011
Portland, OR
Ummmmm, we have a thriving "Anything Goes" forum that's not restricted to Premium Supporters like a lot of forums do. Have you missed that entire rant-fest?

Reactions: dmanns67

Aarkon

Original poster
Nov 6, 2013
I definitely must have feel free to delete this thread then so it isnt clutter

RayGumm

Apr 16, 2014
RayGumm said:

Due to popular demand, I will elaborate.

To wit:

Recently moved. Tried to switch our address to the new one as we have had Evilcast for several years. Was told it could not be done because we still had an outstanding bill. So i tried to set it up in my name to avoid a 90 dollar expense at the moment as funds are/were tight during the move. Still made me pay the $90 since somehow I was linked to her account. So now it's in my name.

Fast forward 2 months, and in all the hubbub i realized we hadn't paid them, but i also hadn't seen a bill from them. Called to suss it out and was told the only address they had on me was in Quebec. Freakin Canada. We live in WV. "but, your tech installed it at MY house in Martinsburg, WV..? How could you not know our address?"
Got the address crap sorted, but then was told I owed like $200+ PAST DUE that was threatening to cut our service off. Was told we had til May 3 to get it paid to avoid cutoff..

As mentioned before, funds are tight. Buying the TB was unexpected and quite a blow to our pocketbook, but had to be done. Coincidentally, anyone wanna buy a shop-vac or a serger sewing machine? :smile: *shameless plug*

Anyway, I figure that since they fucked up and sent my bill to freakin Quebec, eh, for 2 months, they owed me an extension. Was told the best they can do is 2 weeks, but to call closer to the cutoff date so the 2 weeks would stretch further. So I called back today. Spent 2 hours on hold just to get an incompetant script reader the first time and then his manager (Paul) who was a COMPLETE and utter asshole fuckoff. Tried to strongarm me, refused to honor the 2 week extension I was previously offered, etc etc. Eventually I asked for HIS boss, only to get the classic "unfortunately there are no higher managers on the floor blah blah blah". So he said he would escalate it to the regional manager and I would get a call back in 24-48 hours.

I can't wait. I used to work on the phones for AOL. I know all the tricks in the book. I'm gettin that goddamn 2 week extension, so help me. And I am gettin Paul fired. I got an ace up my sleeve. He asked for my wife's checking account number even though I plainly told him it's not my account and my name is not on it. "Oh, that's okay, I don't need her authorization, I trust you... just give me the account and routing numbers to get this cleared up..." Dumbass.

Fuck Comcast for hiring and poorly training Paul to be a "manager".

Status
Not open for further replies.

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MissCrutcher

Members Online

No members online now.