Random Videos

Mooseman

Dec 4, 2011
Ottawa, ON
I was actually counting FERD along with F*ck. What was the third one? Frustration?

northcreek

Jan 15, 2012
WNY
I was actually counting FERD along with F*ck. What was the third one? Frustration?
Gee...now I'm confused, do you count "F'ing A" as it's own word or is it still a single F bomb ?...:undecided:
I'll ask my wife..

Reactions: Redbeard

Mooseman

Dec 4, 2011
Ottawa, ON
I just count it as the same word, just a different tense. :undecided:

Redbeard

Jan 26, 2013
Follow up:
I'm no lawyer but, aside from the vehicle damage, the farmer swings the forks and knocks the guy down. This is more than slipping on a garden hose in "lawyer world "...:deal:
However it was found on his property. He basically moved it to the public road. There must have been a story behind it.
Yeah, I guess also the possibility that the whole thing was staged as there is a third person filming the whole thing from a perfect vantage point.
The Telegraph

Farmer who flipped car cleared of criminal damage because ‘Englishman’s home is his castle’​

1644050482572.png
A farmer who wrecked a car parked on his land with a tractor has been cleared of criminal damage after he successfully used the 400-year-old legal principle that “an Englishman’s home is his castle”.

Robert Hooper, 57, became an internet sensation in June last year, when a video of him using the spikes on his telehandler to flip a £16,000 Vauxhall Corsa went viral on social media.

The hill farmer from Upper Teesdale said he had been forced to take action after he came under attack from a "strutting and agitated" shirtless youth, who had refused to move the car from his land.

Mr Hooper said he did not call police because he had been burgled eight times and found they were often slow to respond.

He went on trial at Durham Crown Court after being charged with dangerous driving and criminal damage.

But he was acquitted of all charges after telling the jury: “An Englishman's home is his castle and my castle starts at that front gate."
Michael Rawlinson, his barrister, told the court that the origins of the phrase could be traced back to 1604, when Sir Edward Coke was the attorney general of England.

"This whole case is about an Englishman's home being his castle and his right to lawful self-defence of himself and his property," explained Mr Rawlinson.

In an early 17th century ruling, known as Semayne's case, Sir Edward stated: “The house of every one is to him as his castle and fortress as well for defence against injury and violence, as for his repose.

"If theeves [sic] come to a man’s house to rob him, or murder, and the owner or his servants kill any of the theeves in defence of himself and his house, it is no felony, and he shall lose nothing."

The case against Mr Hooper also became a town versus country debate, with the farmer and his neighbours railing against people who had used their isolated, rural community as a playground during lockdown.

The court heard how Elliott Johnson and Charlie Burn, his passenger, had parked the Vauxhall Corsa on Mr Hooper's land when the vehicle suffered a double blow-out. They were making their way home to Tyneside after spending the day at Low Force waterfall with five friends.
Mr Hooper, who had been sillaging and bailing, drove down to speak to the driver to explain the car was blocking access to his field.

He told the court: "I said: 'Now then lads, can we have this car moved, I need to be in and out.'

"Instantly, Burns was right in my face. Throughout Covid we'd been two metres from people and here he was five inches from my nose. He was on edge and agitated and full of himself.

"I asked him politely again: 'Can we have this car moved?' and he said: 'I'm not f—--g moving this car.

“With that he punched me in the face, which rather shocked me. I said I was only asking him to move the car. "

Fearful that they might have weapons, Mr Hooper said he then climbed into his telehandler and, using the forks, picked up the back of the car and pushed it onto the road.

However, the car clipped a post of the farm gate and flipped over, causing massive damage.

A video of the incident was uploaded to social media and quickly went viral.
Mr Hooper said he and his neighbours in Upper Teesdale had been plagued by anti-social behaviour during lockdown, with an influx of tourists.

He said: “There has been anti-social behaviour, drug-taking, people lighting fires, knocking walls down and blocking the roads with parking, causing a threat to people as well."

Jacky Meeson, his neighbour, who was also called to give evidence, said: “Our area became very popular because of the rivers and countryside and hordes of people came out who were not used to being in the countryside but wanted some freedom.

"With that came a lack of respect for the countryside and the people who live there. There was a general feeling of being invaded by something we were not used to."

Mr Hooper denied dangerous driving and criminal damage and argued that he had been acting in self-defence.

Surrounded by a dozen of his friends and neighbours, Mr Hooper hugged Karen Henderson, his partner of six years, as the verdict was delivered.

Speaking outside court, Ms Henderson said: “The support of his local community and also people from afar has kept him going through these last eight months of hell, which have been terrible.

"The whole thing has been such an ordeal for him, he's not someone who likes to be the centre of attention so this has been difficult.

"It's been wonderful to see so many people from the Dales come to support him, that really means a lot."
William Wearmouth, a 66-year-old farmer who was also one of those who made the journey to court from Upper Teesdale, said: “Robert Hooper is a decent, honest man, the hardest working man in the Dale and the jury got it right.

"He did nothing wrong, he was under attack and he did what he had to do to protect himself and his property.

"Since lockdown, the Dale has been deluged by people who visit and don't really understand the country.

"We all understood what he went through because we all saw the way people, young people especially, were behaving and causing disruption to everyone's lives.”

Redbeard

Jan 26, 2013
Keep our men and women in Blue in your prayers. 'cause DAMN there are some sick people out there:

MIDVALE, Utah (KTVX) – A man is in custody after he allegedly told his 4-year-old child to shoot at police while at a Utah McDonald’s Monday afternoon.
Unified Police say Sadaat Johnson, 27, had both of his children – a 4-year-old and a 3-year-old – in the backseat of his car when he went to a McDonald’s in Midvale, located about 12 miles south of Salt Lake City.

According to police, the father became upset when the order he had placed in the drive-thru line was wrong. In response to the incorrect order, Johnson is said to have brandished a gun.

Employees then asked Johnson to pull forward, at which point they called police.

When officers arrived, they say Johnson was non-compliant to several commands asking him to get out of his car.
Police then pulled Johnson out of the vehicle. As they were taking him into custody, an officer turned back toward the car and saw a gun pointing out of the back window.

The officer swiped the gun to the side as it was fired and realized the person who pulled the trigger was the 4-year-old child.

Witnesses at the scene say they overheard Johnson tell the child to shoot.

The bullet went through the banner of the McDonald’s and the officer suffered minor injuries.
Johnson was arrested on charges of felony child abuse and threatening the use of a dangerous weapon.

Mooseman

Dec 4, 2011
Ottawa, ON

• Love

Redbeard

Jan 26, 2013
Only kids can come up with good words or new definitions for what we take for granted.
example in the video: "My son call pudding "chocolate jello" and I'm not sure if he's an idiot or a genius"

since we don't have kids I get an extra chuckle out of these

Mooseman

Dec 4, 2011
Ottawa, ON

Redbeard

Jan 26, 2013
Generally most accidents seem to appear when both drivers are not paying full attention. Not this time though. This is In this video the truck driver may have never seen it coming. The truck driver walks away from this one :yes:

Mooseman

Dec 4, 2011
Ottawa, ON
Incredible that the truck driver walked away. Probably can't say the same for that car driver. Got smacked directly in the driver door by the corner of that truck. Obviously was going way too fast.

northcreek

Jan 15, 2012
WNY
That truck came close to going over the bridge...wonder if the driver of the car was doing some distracted driving...

TollKeeper

Supporting Donor
Dec 3, 2011
Brighton, CO
Wow!

Thats literally the only thing that came to my mind... wow!

Redbeard

Jan 26, 2013
Wow, both drivers survived this crash:

Fiery explosion caught on video after dump truck crashes into Ohio DOT vehicle​

The sheriff’s office reported that both drivers were transported with life-threatening injuries this morning but ODOT released a statement Thursday afternoon which said that the ODOT employee involved in the accident was now suffering from serious but non-life-threatening injuries.

"Early today, an ODOT District 4 Highway Technician was struck alongside Interstate 77 in the City of Green. He was transported to a local hospital and is currently being treated with serious, but non-life-threatening injuries. We are extremely fortunate he is alive as this could have had a much different outcome. Our thoughts and prayers are with him and his family,"

Mooseman

Dec 4, 2011
Ottawa, ON
What the hell was the dump driver doing? Was he on his phone? I have personally seen people mesmerized by flashing lights and driving towards them (me!). My thoughts are with that DOT employee.

Redbeard

Jan 26, 2013

Bystanders and Police Lift Car Off Trapped Motorcyclist​

Jun 1, 2022 Two motorcycles and a car were cruising on Myrtle Beach’s Ocean Boulevard in South Carolina. The sedan accelerated faster than the bikes, hitting one from behind. The driver of the motorcycle was pinned under the car. Witnesses to the crash and police lifted the vehicle, freeing the trapped man. “We are lucky to live and work in a community where everyone is ready to work together to help others," Myrtle Beach Police Department wrote on Facebook.

Redbeard

Jan 26, 2013
.THIS IS THE REASON YOU NEVER STOP ON THE INTERSTATE:
Repeat NEVER.

Truck bursts into flames after being hit by semi on Minnesota freeway

Big rig demonstrates why you shouldn't park on the interstate​

This traffic-camera video from the Minnesota Department of Transportation offers a vivid demonstration of why, when you have a problem on the interstate, one way or another you've got to limp your vehicle clear of traffic.

And if it's too disabled for that, and you can exit safely, then get yourself the hell out of there. (their words, not mine)

The video was captured Wednesday on I-35 near Forest Lake, on the fringe of the Twin Cities. The driver of the pickup had hit a deer, according to TV station WCCO. It's unclear why, but the animal strike apparently left the pickup too disabled to move to the shoulder.

Luckily the driver got clear of the pickup, which sat abandoned in the lanes for a few minutes before the semi came along and annihilated it. After the crash, both the semi and pickup cleared the roadway, with the latter in flames.

No one was injured. Except the deer.

• Wow
Reactions: Ilikemy3s

Mooseman

Dec 4, 2011
Ottawa, ON
To be fair, it was a FORD so it was dead where it stood. Not much you can do but the driver and passenger were smart, got out and were standing away from it on the shoulder. Call the police and a tow truck ASAP. However, I have to lay some blame on that truck driver as he didn't even slow down, likely distracted on his phone.

TollKeeper

Supporting Donor
Dec 3, 2011
Brighton, CO
Uhm...? That was a Chevy Silverado... More specifically, a 2014-2015.

Mooseman

Dec 4, 2011
Ottawa, ON
Uhm...? That was a Chevy Silverado... More specifically, a 2014-2015.
I didn't have my glasses on, ok? :squint: :biggrin:

So in that case, it was probably user error, probably ran out of gas (oh wait, it exploded so it likely had gas, oh NVM!)

Redbeard

Jan 26, 2013
I just saw this on a news chanel. The inventors hope it would never need to be used, but seeing the shootings in schools lately they made a bookcase that can stop the bullets along with being movable without extra equipment. Simple and clever design.

• Sad
Reactions: Mooseman

Mooseman

Dec 4, 2011
Ottawa, ON
She sounded like a mom, especially with the sighs. Who knows if this prevented a later school shooting. This is probably every police officer's nightmare.

Redbeard

Jan 26, 2013
Dramatic moment 'six of Putin's commanders and five soldiers are blown up in vehicle ambush' - in region where Russian female commander who 'enjoyed killing Ukrainians' was killed by missile

Video shows anti-tank missile destroying the first car, before second turns over

Ukrainian officer Anatonly Shtefan says six commanders and five soldiers died

Kachura is the 97th known officer to have been killed in Putin's war, as Kyiv's troops continue to bleed Russia's top ranks.

The toll in Russia's officer corps is thought to be so high due to poorly-encrypted communication networks that allows Ukraine to intercept calls and messages, identifying the location of commanders to be killed.

Analysts say officers are also being forced to the frontlines to try and fix Russia's poor battlefield performance, putting them in greater danger.

Russia is now more than five months into what was supposed to be a days-long war in Ukraine to topple the pro-Western government and install a puppet regime.

In that time, Putin is thought to have lost 75,000 men wounded or killed - more than half the force he invaded with - along with tanks, planes, warships and drones worth tens of billions of dollars.

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-11083973/Dramatic-m...

Mooseman

Dec 4, 2011
Ottawa, ON
Actually makes sense where it was leaking, right between the exhaust ports where it's hottest.

I already got that boroscope from his first video about it, just waiting for an occasion to use it :biggrin:

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MissCrutcher

Members Online