Random things...

Status
Not open for further replies.

JosueLT

Original poster
Nov 20, 2011
Just leaving some feedback...

I click the 'remember me' box when I log in, but the few times I've come back to the site, it doesn't remember me?

Then when I enter my information, it says "Invalid redirect" or something of the sort. But I just click on new posts and go about my business. Maybe I'm coming back to the wrong link in my website drop down?

Also, I updated my control panel to NOT send me an email everytime there's a new reply to a thread I've subscribed to, but it's still sending me emails?

Regulator

Nov 20, 2011
You need to go into your subscribed threads folder and remove the threads that it auto subscribed before you changed that setting. I went through all that last night when I got on my email and saw 40 new mails all from the site.

Upvote 0

JosueLT

Original poster
Nov 20, 2011
Ah...gotcha!

Upvote 0

fletch09

Nov 20, 2011
is there a setting on the site that after you are idle for a period of time it logs you off automatically ?
this is the second day in a row that i've come back to the site, after a period of time, and have to log in again.
one of the first things i do in the morning is bring the site up and check threads etc.
sometimes i can't get back for an hour or two.

Upvote 0

Jman423

Administrator
Mar 24, 2014
United States
fletch09 said:
is there a setting on the site that after you are idle for a period of time it logs you off automatically ?
this is the second day in a row that i've come back to the site, after a period of time, and have to log in again.
one of the first things i do in the morning is bring the site up and check threads etc.
sometimes i can't get back for an hour or two.

Yes, your login sessions will always expire after a set period of time. BUT, your browser is supposed to remember you and log you in automatically, if you have it set that way. I would suggest clearing your cookies and cache and then signing back in again. I've been doing a lot of work behind the scenes and this could the result of any of that.

If it persists, I will look into it further.

Upvote 0

harmless

Nov 21, 2011
Oddly, I can stay logged in all day...

BUT I still got freggin banner ads. What gives?! :hissyfit: Gimme the truncated logon times over banner ads ANY day! :rotfl:

BTW, thanks for helping giving us a new home Jman423!

Upvote 0

Jman423

Administrator
Mar 24, 2014
United States
harmless said:
Oddly, I can stay logged in all day...

BUT I still got freggin banner ads. What gives?! :hissyfit: Gimme the truncated logon times over banner ads ANY day! :rotfl:

BTW, thanks for helping giving us a new home Jman423!

Sorry man, two banner ads to help offset the expensive cost of running a site with premium features is something I will take any day over that BS on VS.

The staff has already contributed several hundred dollars to get this site going, and that doesn't even cover hosting. While I am a fan of Ad Block Plus myself, I wouldn't block ads that were for a good cause... if ya know what I mean :wink:

Upvote 0

harmless

Nov 21, 2011
Jman423 said:
Sorry man, two banner ads to help offset the expensive cost of running a site with premium features is something I will take any day over that BS on VS.

The staff has already contributed several hundred dollars to get this site going, and that doesn't even cover hosting. While I am a fan of Ad Block Plus myself, I wouldn't block ads that were for a good cause... if ya know what I mean :wink:

:redface: :whiteflag:

Ok, Ok, I conceed. I'll put up with the banners. :biggrin: Just don't ban me! puhhhhlllleeeeeessssseeeeee. :rotfl:

Upvote 0

JosueLT

Original poster
Nov 20, 2011
I'm still having the same log in troubles. I told my browser (firefox) to remember my password for this site, but I still have to log in every time I visit. And after logging in, it still gives me the "invalid redirect" message?

Upvote 0

harmless

Nov 21, 2011
Jman423 said:

OOoo Just thought of something...

What prevents THIS site from becoming another victim like Trailvoy did? What happens if we run out of money, or can't pay the bills, or... worse. Get bought out again. :yikes:

Upvote 0

Jman423

Administrator
Mar 24, 2014
United States
harmless said:
OOoo Just thought of something...

What prevents THIS site from becoming another victim like Trailvoy did? What happens if we run out of money, or can't pay the bills, or... worse. Get bought out again. :yikes:

Watch your language mister!!

Upvote 0

harmless

Nov 21, 2011
Jman423 said:
There is a pretty extensive back story in play here. Don't worry about stuff like that.

I suspected nothing less. I'm not privvy to all the nitty gritty and I'm ok with that. I was just thinking out loud and worrying about stuff I apparently shouldn't be worried about. I apologize. :redface: :hail:

Upvote 0

JRTAHOE

Nov 20, 2011
I know that if it ever came to it, everyone that could, would don ate to keep this site privately owned. Wish I knew it was starting up, I would have helped out as well.

This is my new sandbox and I like it :cool:

Upvote 0

Ghoster

Lifetime VIP Donor
Nov 18, 2011
07 TB RIDER said:
I know that if it ever came to it, everyone that could, would don ate to keep this site privately owned. Wish I knew it was starting up, I would have helped out as well.

This is my new sandbox and I like it :cool:

CdnGMan said:
I agree... if there comes a time, please let us know...

We will be sure to contact you when its time for the staff party!:wink:

Upvote 0

fletch09

Nov 20, 2011
i signed on the site from an ivitation from big ed. cant remember if i clicked his link or not.
did this from my computer @ work.
have no problem getting on from there, but when i tried from my home computer,( last weekend) all i got was "not open yet, 90% complete.
i'm assuming that once site is out of soft opening, i will be able to connect from another computer. correct?

Upvote 0

Ghoster

Lifetime VIP Donor
Nov 18, 2011
fletch09 said:
i signed on the site from an ivitation from big ed. cant remember if i clicked his link or not.
did this from my computer @ work.
have no problem getting on from there, but when i tried from my home computer,( last weekend) all i got was "not open yet, 90% complete.
i'm assuming that once site is out of soft opening, i will be able to connect from another computer. correct?

You would have had to use the link Ed provided prior to today. As of today www.gmtnation.com will bring you here directly. Should work fine when you get home. If it doesn't, let us know!

Upvote 0
Status
Not open for further replies.

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MissCrutcher

Members Online