Random GMT Picture Thread

HARDTRAILZ

Nov 18, 2011
STLtrailbSS said:
I can see the location being an issue, I have never had an issue when I actually use the radio. I maybe use the radio once every 2 months when my ipad is dead.

Ditch the antenna get an AUX port its 2013 unless you like talk radio then your kind of screwed.

I run an Alpine with dedicated Ipod port and an aux port, but to hear traffic during my 130 mile a day commute...nothing compares to regular radio...even in 2013.

HARDTRAILZ

Nov 18, 2011
CDJuda said:
Ultimately I would like that antenna gone because it's kinda hideous... But I still want FM radio when I drive down to my lakehouse, so is there something I can do to get rid of that antenna and still get good reception? :confused:

Might be able to run a shorty antenna and a FM booster, but good reception needs an antenna. My Impala has the antenna in the glass and I think you can buy similar aftermarket to stick to glass, but heard they do not work real well either.

Phantom

Jun 17, 2012
CDJuda said:
Ultimately I would like that antenna gone because it's kinda hideous... But I still want FM radio when I drive down to my lakehouse, so is there something I can do to get rid of that antenna and still get good reception? :confused:

I've thought about taking one of the antennas off a bookshelf stereo, the wire ones and put it around the stud of the shorty and run it somewhere up around the pass side door to see if that helps. Haven't tried it yet, so I can't say if that will help or not.

Edit to update: Running a wire antenna will help. I just went outside and took the wire and wrapped it around the post and then ran it under the rubber that goes along the passenger side door and it greatly increased reception. Before there was alot of static, now it plays the station clear as day and its across all the stations. I puck up more then I did with just the shorty

CDJuda

Dec 28, 2012
Phantom said:
I've thought about taking one of the antennas off a bookshelf stereo, the wire ones and put it around the stud of the shorty and run it somewhere up around the pass side door to see if that helps. Haven't tried it yet, so I can't say if that will help or not.

Edit to update: Running a wire antenna will help. I just went outside and took the wire and wrapped it around the post and then ran it under the rubber that goes along the passenger side door and it greatly increased reception. Before there was alot of static, now it plays the station clear as day and its across all the stations. I puck up more then I did with just the shorty

Where can I grab a shorty at? think O'reileys would carry em?

Phantom

Jun 17, 2012
CDJuda said:
Where can I grab a shorty at? think O'reileys would carry em?

I looked on the website and I didn't see any. I got mine on eBay for like 6 or 7 bucks with free shipping. View attachment 30629

Attachments

• uploadfromtaptalk1378928352013.jpg
    uploadfromtaptalk1378928352013.jpg
    68.8 KB · Views: 26

HARDTRAILZ

Nov 18, 2011
I tried just unbolting my stock ant and laying it under the cowl and it still was not good. If the wire up the A pillar works well that would be sweet. I have a lil carbon fiber ant I got for a couple bucks a long time ago for a car that I could stick on there.

Phantom

Jun 17, 2012
HARDTRAILZ said:
I tried just unbolting my stock ant and laying it under the cowl and it still was not good. If the wire up the A pillar works well that would be sweet. I have a lil carbon fiber ant I got for a couple bucks a long time ago for a car that I could stick on there.

I think you would be surprised at how well it does work. I'd be willing to bet just a piece of 18-20 GA wire would suffice and make a difference.

Ryda55555

Apr 11, 2013
I used 2 nuts and tightened a piece of speaker wire to it and ran it up my "A" pilar and then bolted it to my stubby antenna
You could also shove it in the headliner
FM works no problem

Short Bus

Dec 2, 2011
HARDTRAILZ said:
Bullshit. FM works OK in cities, but not at all outside. There is a night and day difference in the antenna up vs tucked under the cowl. I really wanted to leave mine down, but poor radio performance forced me to stand it back up.

:iagree: Reception sucked for me with the antenna hidden under the cowl. What I did was attach a fairly thick (8GA IIRC) to the antenna stud sandwiched between 2 washers with a bolt to hold it. The wire is ran up though my engine bay and across the front for about a foot behind the headlight. If you need better reception you can use a longer wire.

0719111628.jpg

Sparky

Dec 4, 2011
This gives me another idea :undecided:

Reactions: Jan-Åke_Klement

TollKeeper

Supporting Donor
Dec 3, 2011
Brighton, CO
Sparky said:
This gives me another idea :undecided:

DUDE! This isn't that kind of forum... :raspberry:

mikeinDE

Jan 4, 2012

HARDTRAILZ

Nov 18, 2011
dmanns67 said:
Thats a sweet Yukon, but not for 61,000 considering you can get the new 2014 Stingray for 10,000 less :yes:

But a Stingray has no use to me compared to that Yukon... won't tow a trailer or haul my family, or get off the beaten path. A stingray is definitely worth 10K less. Comparing apples to oranges there.

That Yukon is on par with the price of a new one(they show a 14 for 65K), but has the upgrades...simple trade of a couple model years for some options. Pretty fair asking price, but I bet closer to 50 buys it once it sits on a lot for awhile. See it happens on those modified vehicles all the time, because if someone wants mods, they often like to pick what they want or will not pay retail for mods the dealer or conversion company or previous owner chose.

jimmyjam

Nov 18, 2011
15k for a 6" lift, wheels & tires, and westin boltons? not for me. but I could see someone paying $60k for that and driving clear over those mall parking curbs

HARDTRAILZ

Nov 18, 2011
Could be copied for about 5 grand plus stock truck if you do it yourself. Add shop fees for those that can't and its still not another 10K.

Playsinsnow

Nov 17, 2012
I could see someone with too much money in socal driving that around. Or perhaps some small business owner, thinking lawn/snow co., buys it as a company vehicle for the write-off. I don't know if it's the wheels, or the shade of color, but that truck isn't happening for me. Maybe if it had "daddy daycare" on the side :rotfl:

fletch09

Nov 20, 2011
it must have been traded in recently. the interior had not even been cleaned up yet.
empty water bottles in the doors and dog hair on the rear seats. :crazy:

HARDTRAILZ

Nov 18, 2011
Website said it was New so i figured the ridiculous charge for the mods had it there as a leftover.

jimmyjam

Nov 18, 2011
Hmm the website says "New" and eludes that they'll give you a deal because its "Executive Driven" AKA the dealer probably joy rides in it every weekend

HARDTRAILZ

Nov 18, 2011
jimmyjam said:
Hmm the website says "New" and eludes that they'll give you a deal because its "Executive Driven" AKA the dealer probably joy rides in it every weekend

I know that GM can sel as new with up to 5K miles if the dealer owned the whole time. Allows for test drives n such. I know my buddy that owns a dealership cuts great deals on theones he drives a few thousand miles and they are always loaded with options to show off

BoldAdventure

Jun 28, 2012
jimmyjam said:

Wish I'd seen that sooner, You'll spot me there a often; as that's my office.

Weather is cooling down, was able to open the garage and take a shot of all the cars. Might be adding a Trailblazer SS to this lineup.

allthecars.jpg

jimmyjam

Nov 18, 2011
mikekey said:
Wish I'd seen that sooner, You'll spot me there a often; as that's my office.
figured as much, I live by downtown clw north of there. i'm driving by there daily but usually in my van

Darkrider_LS

Jan 25, 2013

redleg6

Apr 10, 2012
seriously wtf...lol

HARDTRAILZ

Nov 18, 2011
Those scene prints are fairly common on trucks around here.

Guy I know had a lifted 2 door Tahoe with the big rear side windows done in prints of waving American flags. Looked pretty freaking sweet

Denali n DOO

May 22, 2012
Last Sunday I walked out to the front of my house and saw this red jewel envoy parked there, it's in good shape. Belongs to my neighbors dad. I'm glad my envoy doesn't have those V8 emblems on it. The white TB I saw while driving, I guess the "4x4 extended" sticker is an after market deal.

Attachments

• 20130929_130143.jpg
    20130929_130143.jpg
    93.4 KB · Views: 23
  • 20131001_142137.jpg
    20131001_142137.jpg
    70.1 KB · Views: 22
  • 20131001_142054.jpg
    20131001_142054.jpg
    73.7 KB · Views: 21

redleg6

Apr 10, 2012
maybe its extended warranty?

ok probably not

willn513

Dec 4, 2011
I spotted the ultra-rare BMW/GMC collaboration GMC Suburban-M Edition today. To the untrained eye it appears to be an early 90's stock Suburban with some crappy M badges slapped on it - but we all know that those M badges mean that it is a 700bhp supercharged beast hiding in there
e6y2ybyv.jpg
ybyzyja8.jpg

BO TIE SS

Nov 18, 2011
Reminds me of the ultra-rare Suburban SS that was at Carlisle last year. (with the upside down badges) :biggrin:

In all seriousness, I do like the front clip mod. :twocents:

IMG_6042.jpg

IMG_6043.jpg

willn513

Dec 4, 2011
I have always liked that front end on the Mexican Tahoes/Suburban. I think down there they are called the Sonora
de4eqama.jpg

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jvest

Members Online