NEED HELP Rainier V8 mods

joshtheawesome

Original poster
Aug 14, 2017
Massachusetts
i want my engine to produce more horsepower. My goal is to get 375-400 or more. horsepower. But I will be fine with 350. I was wondering if any parts could help with this. I don’t want to put a turbo or supercharger in it but I will be fine if I have to do that. Anybody know any way I could achieve my horsepower goal or at least get more from aftermarket parts? I don’t want to do a turbo or

Mooseman

Dec 4, 2011
Ottawa, ON
How deep are your pockets? Getting an extra 100 ponies out is a fairly tall order. No turbo or...(blower? spray?), that will take a lot of work and money with an NA engine.

One thing for sure is replacement of the entire valvetrain to get rid of DoD and to get a better cam. And while you have the heads off, get them rebuilt and shaved to bump the compression. Also need better springs to handle the new cam.

Then replace the entire exhaust with a full dual with headers. Gotta let it breathe. May also need bigger injectors.

Then take it to a tuner to dial it all in.

Google also yields a lot of info:
https://www.google.ca/search?newwin...30k1j0i13i30k1j33i21k1j33i160k1.0.1TnsphUQ20c

DocBrown

Dec 8, 2011
x2 what Mooseman said. How fast you want to go is all a matter of how much you want to spend.

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chirobo1

Members Online

No members online now.