NEED HELP Rain guard question

Envoy99

Original poster
Feb 26, 2019
East Coast
I just got a pair of generic stick on vent visors from Walmart (they came in the mail) and I followed all the instructions for prepping the surface and the install but they would not stick on there right and seemed to be the wrong fit all together and the 3M would not stay stuck (the plastic would’ve had to bend irregularly for all the tape to stick) so I am returning them.

My question is have you guys had any experience with the eBay ones? I am going to try them next. They all seem to be the same generic brand. I like the stick ons not the in channel ones.

Here’s a link:

xavierny25

Mar 16, 2014
Staten Island, N.Y
Not sure about the ebay stuff but I have had the AVS brand and have been good so far. I orginally had the ones that stick to the out side and then later got the in track.

Blckshdw

Nov 20, 2011
Tampa Bay Area, FL
The in-channel ones I put on my EXT, I bought from ebay many years ago. I believe they are auto vent shade as well.... I modded the rear pieces to fit the back tab inside in the window track by shaving down the bottom edge into a thin wedge shape. Originally, it's supposed to stay on the outside of the window, but I hated how that looked.

I know there are members who went with the outside mounting ones and prefer those, hopefully they'll chime in.

HARDTRAILZ

Nov 18, 2011
I only use in channel ones as well.

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MissCrutcher

Members Online

No members online now.