Radio shack closing good deals

Black_tb

Original poster
Dec 6, 2011
ImageUploadedByTapatalk1424698611.550617.jpg

Picked this thing up original price 32.00 got it for 8.00 also picked up some lightning chargers cables for 3.00 a piece and banana plugs for my stereo for a 1.00 a piece if you have one closing Around you it might be worth looking to see what they have left

AtlWrk

Dec 6, 2011
Fixed it for 'em. :rotfl:(couldn't resist)

But seriously they do have some great deals now (finally).

Attachments

• post-6342-142469861224.jpg
    post-6342-142469861224.jpg
    245.5 KB · Views: 18
Reactions: CaptainKD

Blckshdw

Nov 20, 2011
Tampa Bay Area, FL
:raspberry: OK, took me a minute, but I see what you did there.

That's the same iron I started out with from them. The tips suck, after having to replace a second one, I scrapped it for an iron that had ceramic tips. Much mo betta. May have to stop by the store down the street and restock some stuff just for the sake of having it. :yes:

Black_tb

Original poster
Dec 6, 2011
So I've never solder before but I'm hoping this gets me started maybe play with some led and window switches

Mooseman

Dec 4, 2011
Ottawa, ON
Too bad they're already gone from Canada. Now called The Source (of crap). Hardly anything like the old RS with electronic parts.

Target is just having their going out of business sale here after failing in Canada. They fail at failing because their liquidation prices are still higher than Walmart with only 10 to 30% off.

Reactions: Einst-Hawk

hrddrv

Dec 4, 2011
Certain stores are closing. The 2 here in Gainesville is staying open unfortunately for me.

Blckshdw

Nov 20, 2011
Tampa Bay Area, FL
:mad: That list was annoying to scroll through. Shoulda been sorted by state/city, not store# :hopeless:

Reactions: Wooluf1952

AtlWrk

Dec 6, 2011
No kidding. I meant to warn about that...the best I could do was "Ctrl-F" and search for one I knew. From there at least several in the area were somewhat clumped together.

IllogicTC

Dec 30, 2013
Some do have electronic parts, it's usually just a little cabinet thing hidden somewhere. They certainly aren't front and center like they were 20-30 years ago. Now is the time to raid the cabinet if you have a closing store. The original prices on things like resistors were ludicrous, now they could likely be had for pennies on the dollar.

Wooluf1952

Nov 20, 2011
Milwaukee, Wisconsin
Blckshdw said:
:mad: That list was annoying to scroll through. Shoulda been sorted by state/city, not store# :hopeless:
That's only one of the reasons they're going out of business. :rotfl:

Reactions: Blckshdw

jfkmk

Mar 7, 2013
Wooluf1952 said:
That's only one of the reasons they're going out of business. :rotfl:
Exactly what I was thinking. Now that they're having close out sales, maybe their prices will align with other stores. The only thing I'll miss is the source of enectronic parts, switches, etc.

mapanch

Dec 2, 2011
Somehow our local store isn't closing (or I don't think it is. damn unsearchable list!). Couldn't tell you the last time I saw a customer in there. Usually just 2 or 3 employees standing out playing with their phones.

Mooseman

Dec 4, 2011
Ottawa, ON
Unless you need it right away, you have much more choice at places like Digikey and even eBay for electronic Components.

Reactions: djthumper

HARDTRAILZ

Nov 18, 2011
:thumbsup: Hence why Radio Shack is going the way of every other local store and closing up shop. RIP Radio Shack. It was great when you were an adventure in technology growing up. :biggrin: Sad to see so many close their doors. :frown:

DAlastDON

Apr 6, 2014
Kentucky
The radio shack here in town closed a few months back. I thought something was up when some of the shelves looked empty when i went in to purchase a soldering iron last fall. I asked if they were going out of business and they did not know at that time.

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MEHMET ONUR

Members Online