Radio info button for Sirus Radio.

GMDUDE2003

Original poster
Apr 10, 2012
Does it only work with the paid subscription ? I'm still on my free 3 months from the dealership and was wondering why I never had any information on songs and what not.
Thanks for any answers. :confused:

hockeyman

Aug 26, 2012
GMDUDE2003 said:
Does it only work with the paid subscription ? I'm still on my free 3 months from the dealership and was wondering why I never had any information on songs and what not.
Thanks for any answers. :confused:

Go to channel 1 on your radio, write down the Radio ID Number for your specific unit. Call Sirius, give them the code and ask them why it's not activated.
Their contact info:

1-866-528-7474
Monday – Saturday 8am to 11pm EST
Sunday 8am – 8pm EST

GMDUDE2003

Original poster
Apr 10, 2012
hockeyman said:
Go to channel 1 on your radio, write down the Radio ID Number for your specific unit. Call Sirius, give them the code and ask them why it's not activated.
Their contact info:

1-866-528-7474
Monday – Saturday 8am to 11pm EST
Sunday 8am – 8pm EST

It's not a unit, it's run through the factory head unit.

hockeyman

Aug 26, 2012
GMDUDE2003 said:
It's not a unit, it's run through the factory head unit.

I think I had a similar setup on my previous Camaro. I would tap the Sirius Radio Button on my stock radio, and it would take me to all of the Sirius channels. Although none of the pre-stored stations had music playing, I could still access channel 1 to find the code.

If that still doesn't work for you, I would gain access behind your radio, write the serial number down on the Sirius box (that's wired into the radio) and call them with that info.

Did you ever inquire about it through the dealership that sold the vehicle to you?

Me007gold

Nov 20, 2011
There is still an xm tuner under the panel under the glove box. But what they are saying is, go to chanel 1 on the xmradio dial, get the radio id, and call them and ask what the problem is.

The_Roadie

Lifetime VIP Donor
Nov 19, 2011
Portland, OR
I assume you've seen the Sirius/XM as a selection of a music source, like AM/FM, etc.?

If I remember correctly, this is all explained in the Owner's Manual as well. Did the dealer stiff you out of a manual? The Saab manual may not be on line like the Chevys are, but they're trivial to Google for a PDF.

GMDUDE2003

Original poster
Apr 10, 2012
No I have the manual. Everything works fine, except no information about any of the songs that are playing. All it show are the station names. I already have the number they sent it to me through the mail for subscription purposes. Was just wondering if anyone else ever had this problem. I'll just call. Thanks guys.

BRomanJr

Dec 9, 2011
GMDUDE2003 said:
No I have the manual. Everything works fine, except no information about any of the songs that are playing. All it show are the station names. I already have the number they sent it to me through the mail for subscription purposes. Was just wondering if anyone else ever had this problem. I'll just call. Thanks guys.

In my experience, most stations transmit song info, but there are a few that don't, just station name. Try a few other stations.

If you have the problem on all stations, Write down and confirm the Radio ID on channel 1 to call and have them re-activate radio, may have been a glitch.

If all else fails, maybe a power cycle will do it. (pull XM fuse for a couple minutes and reinstall)

Denali n DOO

May 22, 2012
So what is displayed on your display screen, is it blank? I have xm and I do get the song info, however, I have to press the info button to scroll through channel, artist, song. You can choose what you want the display to stay on by pressing the info button and hold it until it beeps, so like if you want it to artist to the artist then hold the button in when your at artist, or hold the info button in when displaying the song title and I'll display the song...

GMDUDE2003

Original poster
Apr 10, 2012
Denali n DOO said:
So what is displayed on your display screen, is it blank? I have xm and I do get the song info, however, I have to press the info button to scroll through channel, artist, song. You can choose what you want the display to stay on by pressing the info button and hold it until it beeps, so like if you want it to artist to the artist then hold the button in when your at artist, or hold the info button in when displaying the song title and I'll display the song...

Mine says the station name, but when you hit the info button it says No Information.

AbsoluteZero

Nov 21, 2011
BRomanJr said:
If you have the problem on all stations, Write down and confirm the Radio ID on channel 1 to call and have them re-activate radio, may have been a glitch.

He should be able to reactivate his radio online if he has an account setup.

Denali n DOO

May 22, 2012
GMDUDE2003 said:
Mine says the station name, but when you hit the info button it says No Information.

Mine sometimes will say "No Information" about the song but still display the channel, I think when the signal is weak, maybe check your antenna connection...

Did xm/serius try refreshing your radio from their end?

GMDUDE2003

Original poster
Apr 10, 2012
I just sent a refresh request from online (their website). If that does not work there is a number to call. Thanks guys.

GMDUDE2003

Original poster
Apr 10, 2012
Denali n DOO said:
Mine sometimes will say "No Information" about the song but still display the channel, I think when the signal is weak, maybe check your antenna connection...

Did xm/serius try refreshing your radio from their end?

So I re-upped my subscription after it expired and they came with the good deals lol. Still nothing, and I just did signal resend. Nothing, I don't even get info regular radio stations that my Envoy did. I wonder if there is a reset for the radio itself. :confused:

Denali n DOO

May 22, 2012
GMDUDE2003 said:
So I re-upped my subscription after it expired and they came with the good deals lol. Still nothing, and I just did signal resend. Nothing, I don't even get info regular radio stations that my Envoy did. I wonder if there is a reset for the radio itself. :confused:

Not sure if there is a reset other than pulling radio fuse but probably wouldn't make a difference. You could try unplugging the xm module and plugging back it back in, maybe a poor connection somewhere. Maybe there is an issue internally with your radio but I think a weak signal might be more likely.

GMDUDE2003

Original poster
Apr 10, 2012
It's the display button lol. That's how you cycle through the info, thee info button is for messages. Problem solved lol.

jfkmk

Mar 7, 2013
I've never had a problem with the XM radio not displaying the radio info. I was wondering how to get the display to stay on artist or song, so I'm going to try holding the info button until it beeps. Not sure of my 06 will do this, but I'm going to try.

I wanted to mention the cost of XM. They are VERY flexible in their pricing, and no one should ever pay full price. When it comes time to renew, I call them and explain that, while I like the service, the price is simply too high. I google the pricing and tell them what I'm willing to pay (usually about half price). I've done this twice on my Envoy and once on my wife's new Accord. Works every time! You would think they would just lower their price.

GMDUDE2003

Original poster
Apr 10, 2012
jfkmk said:
I've never had a problem with the XM radio not displaying the radio info. I was wondering how to get the display to stay on artist or song, so I'm going to try holding the info button until it beeps. Not sure of my 06 will do this, but I'm going to try.

I wanted to mention the cost of XM. They are VERY flexible in their pricing, and no one should ever pay full price. When it comes time to renew, I call them and explain that, while I like the service, the price is simply too high. I google the pricing and tell them what I'm willing to pay (usually about half price). I've done this twice on my Envoy and once on my wife's new Accord. Works every time! You would think they would just lower their price.

Just let it expire, and they're like a man holding on to cliff with there finger tips. My buddy who has sold cars for 15 years told me how to get the best price. I tried holding the info button, but nothing. The manual says it's only for messages from the radio. So holding it will be useless.

Denali n DOO

May 22, 2012
jfkmk said:

It's the display button like GMDUDE2003 says, I was wrong to call it the info button in my previous post but I can't edit it now. Press display button to scroll though the displays and hold it in when you see what you want.

GMDUDE2003

Original poster
Apr 10, 2012
Denali n DOO said:
It's the display button like GMDUDE2003 says, I was wrong to call it the info button in my previous post but I can't edit it now. Press display button to scroll though the displays and hold it in when you see what you want.

Now I kinda wanna know why I don't terrestrial radio information lol....:undecided:

Denali n DOO

May 22, 2012
Denali n DOO said:

Hmmm, I just went and looked at my button and it does say "Info", I guess some are labeled "info" and some "display".

Attachments

• DSC03150.jpg
    DSC03150.jpg
    71.7 KB · Views: 2

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jvest

Members Online