Radiator loose is something missing?

WeaponX

Original poster
Mar 23, 2019
Pittston, PA
23F0DB2D-AFEE-4532-9930-7D133D9DC01A.jpeg64912C5A-1BF9-4216-8B04-00314E75A757.jpeg897FEB49-AD3C-4288-967F-B9C27FCAD007.jpegCE8EF3AF-1BB8-4ADA-895A-FFF1F95C7013.jpeg
The first two are if the passenger side the other two the driver side. Anyway my radiator is super loose and doesn’t seem to be bolted to anything then I look underneath and notice that on both sides it looks like some sort of post should come threw two openings in the metal but there is nothing holding it it and I’m almost positive this maybe what is cause my truck to feel like it’s vibrating. Thanks guys for the help.

Blckshdw

Nov 20, 2011
Tampa Bay Area, FL
How does the top of your radiator look? Can you take some pics of that? It does look like your radiator isn't seated properly, like it's too high.

WeaponX

Original poster
Mar 23, 2019
Pittston, PA
View attachment 88323View attachment 88324View attachment 88325View attachment 88326
The first two are if the passenger side the other two the driver side. Anyway my radiator is super loose and doesn’t seem to be bolted to anything then I look underneath and notice that on both sides it looks like some sort of post should come threw two openings in the metal but there is nothing holding it it and I’m almost positive this maybe what is cause my truck to feel like it’s vibrating. Thanks guys for the help.
How does the top of your radiator look? Can you take some pics of that? It does look like your radiator isn't seated properly, like it's too high.

I’ll take pics tomorrow and post them thanks for the idea never thought about that

Mooseman

Dec 4, 2011
Ottawa, ON
Your passenger side looks like it's missing the grommet that the driver side has and the driver side looks like it missing the post that's in the radiator that goes through the grommet.

TollKeeper

Supporting Donor
Dec 3, 2011
Brighton, CO
What @Mooseman Said. I just replaced my radiator, and the grommet and post are definitely your issue.

Redbeard

Jan 26, 2013
I agree with what's been said above. Like Blckshdw suggested make sure your radiator is fully down (the one image looks like it could go down a bit), but it does look like radiator "tabs" are missing. Let me share a story why I say that. Way back when, like 1983 a buddy of mine had a about a 1973 Oldsmobile with a 350 in it. It required a new timing chain and gears and I volunteered to replace it for him. When I was removing the RADIATOR I noticed shims under the "clamps" that GM designed to hold the radiators in place. I thought this was extremely odd. The packaging did in the 1970's on the small block radiators by GM was almost fool proof. Two pockets under the radiator and two "pocket" type clamps on the top that would only fit in one way for a guaranteed fit each time. But this one apparently needed shims to make it work. Very odd I thought. Very odd. Well I removed the clamps holding the radiator down (along with an assortment of shims!) and removed the radiator. Lo and Behold there was Something under the radiator! Can you imagine a 24" long Snap On Screw Driver! I thought I just hit the jack pot. So being the nice guy I sometimes am I called my buddy and told him this line " Hey George, I understand when a mechanic finds tools in the customer's vehicle he gets to keep the tools. George replies "well I guess so... (now George didn't have any mechanical ability at all so I know it wasn't his screw driver) and if I say no, you keep the tool anyways, but I say Yes just to learn what tool you found. So of course you get to keep it, but just tell me what it is. George's jaw hit the ground when I showed him the screw driver. He walked away just shaking his head.
Here is a current photo of screwdriver left under the radiator with a common screw driver next to it:

• Wow
Reactions: C-ya and Blckshdw

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jonnnnyj

Members Online

No members online now.