Radiator/Alternator Recommendations?

Chilly

Original poster
Jan 16, 2016
Idaho
Ready to order an alternator and radiator for my TB. Of course I'm looking for quality. Does anyone have recommendations on brands or either item. There are so many choices it makes my head spin. On radiators, I've found 3 brands which appear to have petcocks on the lower right. And one AC Delco remand alternator that I'm leaning towards.

TollKeeper

Supporting Donor
Dec 3, 2011
Brighton, CO
I went with Advanced Auto for my rad. If you have a leak or something later on, its nice to be able to order a new one, get it the same day, and not have it cost you a dime. It does come with a petcock. The only thing you have to transfer over from the old rad is the bolt clip things.

Alternator, I have had really good luck with CarQuest/Advanced, and again with the warranty.

Chilly

Original poster
Jan 16, 2016
Idaho
On the radiator issue.... What happened over here?
Thanks for the suggestions. I hit a deer, which of course took out the radiator & condenser. Now that the rad & even the fan is out of the way, I'm replacing other items too, like pulleys, thermostat, alternator, etc.

Mounce

Mar 29, 2014
Tuscaloosa, AL
I went with Advanced Auto for my rad. If you have a leak or something later on, its nice to be able to order a new one, get it the same day, and not have it cost you a dime. It does come with a petcock. The only thing you have to transfer over from the old rad is the bolt clip things.

Alternator, I have had really good luck with CarQuest/Advanced, and again with the warranty.

My same general concensus. Unless random brand online is way cheaper with good reviews. I try not to buy no name when it's important parts but if dozens of people had good luck and is $100 cheaper I roll the dice sometimes.

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
06_4.2_4x4_ls