Rack and pinion leak

retiredcopper

Original poster
Nov 16, 2013
09 TB leaking fluid from the driver side black boot on the rack and pinion. Is there a seal that can be changed?...if so,can it be done with the the unit on the vehicle?...trying to avoid changing the rack if possible....Thanks!

NJTB

Aug 27, 2012
Flemington, NJ
Usually that means an internal seal on the rack has to be replaced, so it has to come out and be rebuilt. There's also rebuilt racks available.
You could also try some stop leak.

retiredcopper

Original poster
Nov 16, 2013
Usually that means an internal seal on the rack has to be replaced, so it has to come out and be rebuilt. There's also rebuilt racks available.
....am going to try the stop leak,maybe it will buy me some time....Thanks for the input...stay safe!

Mooseman

Dec 4, 2011
Ottawa, ON
I've had good luck with Blue Devil stop leak.

retiredcopper

Original poster
Nov 16, 2013
I used the Blue Devil stop leak....worked like a charm!...thanks again!

Reactions: azswiss

Envoywarrior

Aug 28, 2023
Massachusetts
Exactly what I used...a bit more expensive than the others,but it worked in 2 days!....thanks
I’ve been using Lucas. Not working . I must drop the skid and see exactly where and why The leak. If it’s at the tie rods I will try some stop leak. 280k

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MissCrutcher

Members Online