Race mesh grilles

07ssbeast

Original poster
Apr 2, 2012
Does anybody have these? are they inserts or actual grilles? Can you just order what piece you want or have to order the whole kit? I just wana know why its so expensive..

07ssbeast

Original poster
Apr 2, 2012
Dont know how to put up pics but if you google them there like 900$-1200$ It doesnt really say much about them thats why id like to know more before i order

jrSS

Dec 4, 2011
Good god yea those are expensive. If ur using a phone get tapatalk and u can download pics fast. Tapatalk is $3 I think. Well worth it.

STLtrailbSS

Dec 4, 2011
Do they add HP in some magical way, If your going to spend 1k on grills do yourself a favor buy the $170 set off amazon and buy OBX headers. Thats outrageous and you can still take your babe out to diner but your truck will look nicer and with more power

07ssbeast

Original poster
Apr 2, 2012
Thats why i asked if you could just buy the section you want.. like the rear bumper. i thought this forum was free of dickheads

jrSS

Dec 4, 2011
I don't know where u heard that.....dickheads are allowed here too. :rotfl:

Voymom

Feb 3, 2012
07ssbeast said:
Thats why i asked if you could just buy the section you want.. like the rear bumper. i thought this forum was free of dickheads

First off...This site is free of dickheads, however if stating the brutal truth makes someone a dickhead so be it...
Second-NO ONE here that I know of would pay 1k for a grille hence why you got such a bland reply without the answers your looking for
3rd-We don't have the answer for everything, search the forum to see if there is thread that can help you, if no one here has an answer your on your own finding the information out yourself if you can't manage to do that on your own...then good luck!!

Have a wonderful day!

If your going to wear your emotions on your sleeve, then this is NOT the forum for you!

STLtrailbSS

Dec 4, 2011
I was just giving advice and not being a dick but now.
Let me google that for you

Seriously though 1k is to much that's cam money I was just saying there is cheaper options

07ssbeast

Original poster
Apr 2, 2012
Voymom said:
First off...This site is free of dickheads, however if stating the brutal truth makes someone a dickhead so be it...
Second-NO ONE here that I know of would pay 1k for a grille hence why you got such a bland reply without the answers your looking for
3rd-We don't have the answer for everything, search the forum to see if there is thread that can help you, if no one here has an answer your on your own finding the information out yourself if you can't manage to do that on your own...then good luck!!

Have a wonderful day!

Like I SAID im not paying 1k for a damn grille i wanted to know whats so fucking special about them.. If you dont have an answer cool? let someone post that does.

TexazReece

Dec 4, 2011
Well said Voymom........:iagree:.........am I the only one that doesn't see a pic nor a link. How can people help you if have nothing we can go on, I mean you said some grilles like this and I don't see spit wth. Can you post it.......and another thing do yourself a favor and not waste a $1,000 on a grill when you could do alot more mods to your truck and get better performance also my :twocents: Welcome to The Nation :thumbsup:

STLtrailbSS

Dec 4, 2011
There is nothing special, Its ricer gimmick It will give you no gain. What would you need a grill to do for $1000 its stamped metal its worthless. Thats why I said AMAZON.com a whole set is in the $2-$300s.
No one is trying to run you off or be a dick, but no one will have experience with a grill for $1000 if you go over to TBSSowners they will tell you the same damn thing In a MUCH more harsh way this is the nice site trust me, just a miss understanding man

07ssbeast

Original poster
Apr 2, 2012
I thought this was an ss forum?? tell me whats so special about an 03 envoy or a 2008 trailblazer? im not understanding.

Short Bus

Dec 2, 2011
Like this?

GEDC0044.jpg

That grille cost me about $5 to make. I could tell you how, but I'm a dickhead also.

STLtrailbSS

Dec 4, 2011
Thats TBSSowners like I said they are dicks, but there genius's and pretty damn funny but if you handle GMT like this TBSS will make you insane
I sat and helped you out on all your other posts but no Im the dick

Voymom

Feb 3, 2012
07ssbeast said:
Like I SAID im not paying 1k for a damn grille i wanted to know whats so fucking special about them.. If you dont have an answer cool? let someone post that does.

Well, I did have an answer. You asked about dickheads on the forum. I was elaborating for you!

And I can post on whatever thread I feel like posting on...it is public after all.

And if we didn't allow dickheads on the forum, do you seriously think we would allow someone like you here? Just a thought!

Good luck in the future, I don't think very many people would like to deal with someone with your attitude. I really never understood why guys from Iowa are such a-holes, must be all the roids in the corn.

K I said what I needed to say and I'm done. Your not worth me getting the ban hammer over.

What's special about my 03 Envoy??? It's driven by a bigger dickhead than your SS I can promise you that!!

07ssbeast

Original poster
Apr 2, 2012
STLtrailbSS said:
There is nothing special, Its ricer gimmick It will give you no gain. What would you need a grill to do for $1000 its stamped metal its worthless. Thats why I said AMAZON.com a whole set is in the $2-$300s.
No one is trying to run you off or be a dick, but no one will have experience with a grill for $1000 if you go over to TBSSowners they will tell you the same damn thing In a MUCH more harsh way this is the nice site trust me, just a miss understanding man

I cant find any mesh for my rear bumper ive tried amazon.. Thats what im mainly looking for.

TexazReece

Dec 4, 2011
wow somebody with an SS is having a :badday:. This dude :crackup::whisptersecret: hey I bet with that $1,000 he was about to blow I could put that in my 08 TB or Voymom could put it into her Voy and they'll be much better than his aSS

Voymom

Feb 3, 2012
TexazReece said:
wow somebody with an SS is having a :badday:. This dude :crackup::whisptersecret: hey I bet with that $1,000 he was about to blow I could put that in my 08 TB or Voymom could put it into her Voy and they'll be much better than his aSS

I'm not worried about it. It's just all the damn hormones they put in the corn around here, tends to shrink their balls leading them to be bigger a-holes, exactly why I divorced my ex husband and married a real man :biggrin:

SBUBandit

Dec 5, 2011
07ssbeast said:
I thought this was an ss forum?? tell me whats so special about an 03 envoy or a 2008 trailblazer? im not understanding.

You were mistaken. This is GMTnation, not my-SS-is-better-than-your-regular-Trailblazer-nation. There is already a site for that.

What's so special is about an 03 Envoy or 08 Trailblazer is that when STL or Voymom ask for some help, we'll be inclined to help them

shrek77

Mar 30, 2012
Short Bus said:
Like this?

GEDC0044.jpg

That grille cost me about $5 to make. I could tell you how, but I'm a dickhead also.
Hi sir, I never said you were a d-head. Could you tell me how? I would like to make a $5.00 set of inserts they look sweet!!!:thumbsup:

jrSS

Dec 4, 2011
shrek77 said:
Hi sir, I never said you were a d-head. Could you tell me how? I would like to make a $5.00 set of inserts they look sweet!!!:thumbsup:

Gutter guard from home depot...lowes or whoever has them.

Short Bus

Dec 2, 2011
shrek77 said:

silvernclean said:
Gutter guard from home depot...lowes or whoever has them.

Yep :yes: Gutter guard and stainless wire to hold it in place. It's easier to cut to shape if you pull your grille off and line it up with the back.

Voymom

Feb 3, 2012
Uncle Blazer said:

LOL Uncle Blazer, That doesn't mean there aren't any nice guys from Iowa. I just said I haven't met one yet...Take that back lol High Voltage is nice. If you make it out to the meet we can make it 2 guys from Iowa.

Uncle Blazer

Dec 8, 2011
Voymom said:
LOL Uncle Blazer, That doesn't mean there aren't any nice guys from Iowa. I just said I haven't met one yet...Take that back lol High Voltage is nice. If you make it out to the meet we can make it 2 guys from Iowa.

but alas, I have to cure cancer by drinking.

jbones

Dec 5, 2011
SBUBandit said:
...What's so special is about an 03 Envoy or 08 Trailblazer is that when STL or Voymom ask for some help, we'll be inclined to help them

Got that right, you go brother, and praise the nation. :tiphat:

My "08" fleet return LS, no G-80 2" lifted, Michelin LTX MS2 255/65/17 shoed mall crawling BAD ASS ride is the sh*&t. :yes:

Short Bus

Dec 2, 2011
jbones said:
Got that right, you go brother, and praise the nation. :tiphat:

My "08" fleet return LS, no G-80 2" lifted, Michelin LTX MS2 255/65/17 shoed mall crawling BAD ASS ride is the sh*&t. :yes:

This isn't TV, you can spell shit and not get banned, or be NO LONGER WITH US :ugh::worried::rolleyes:

shrek77

Mar 30, 2012
Did someone make patterns or an outline for their grill inserts?:lightbulb: This would save allot of time, and and save from mistakes, like someone like me who hasn't done anything like this before.:dunce:

SBUBandit

Dec 5, 2011
shrek77 said:
Did someone make patterns or an outline for their grill inserts?:lightbulb: This would save allot of time, and and save from mistakes, like someone like me who hasn't done anything like this before.:dunce:

You don't want the $1200 ones?

Voymom

Feb 3, 2012

shrek77

Mar 30, 2012
SBUBandit said:
You don't want the $1200 ones?

No lol, the gutter guard inserts are the winner.:biggrin: Just wondered if anyone has a template to use instead of trial and error. In other words instead of me messing the shit up:smiley_kill:, and taking forever trying to get it close and look good!

Short Bus

Dec 2, 2011
shrek77 said:

GM put the pattern on the back of your grille.

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MissCrutcher