R1 Concepts?

VoyDude

Original poster
Apr 4, 2012
So I need to replace my front discs due to both being warped. They vibrate a lot and squeak. I am going to be taking a road trip and will be changing them before I leave. I was on ebay and was looking at R1 concepts "eline" and "premium series" discs. I am getting blanks and was wondering if anyone has purchased these and if so, how did they hold up? I am leaning more toward the "eline" but I am really liking the black coating on the premium series. :undecided: Any help/comments are greatly appreciated.

harmless

Nov 21, 2011
I picked up some drilled & slotted R1 Concepts rotors a couple of years back...

Love them. Stops MUCH better than OEM. Wear and tear on the pads and rotors seems to minimal compared to OEM.

Definately get the powdercoated ones. (the one thing I regret NOT doing)

I love them. I'll definately get them again. :thumbsup:

(p.s. Stick with OEM pads though... theirs aren't that great - and the OEM ones come with a bullet-proof warranty.)

VoyDude

Original poster
Apr 4, 2012
harmless said:
I picked up some drilled & slotted R1 Concepts rotors a couple of years back...

Love them. Stops MUCH better than OEM. Wear and tear on the pads and rotors seems to minimal compared to OEM.

Definately get the powdercoated ones. (the one thing I regret NOT doing)

I love them. I'll definately get them again. :thumbsup:

(p.s. Stick with OEM pads though... theirs aren't that great - and the OEM ones come with a bullet-proof warranty.)

Which pads do you mean? The ones on their website or the GM pads?

harmless

Nov 21, 2011
VoyDude said:
Which pads do you mean? The ones on their website or the GM pads?

They used to sell other brands... They actually pushed them pretty hard. These were NOT GM pads, so you know, and they sucked donkey balls.

I'm not sure which they were any more - it's been a few years since I bought those.

Regardless, the GM OEM ones are sufficient and last long enough for our needs.

VoyDude

Original poster
Apr 4, 2012
Definitely understand what you mean. The ebay package comes with brake pads. I went directly on their website (R1) and they have a few options. I was looking at some of the old threads on the OS and it seems that some were happy with the Hawk pads. Have you heard anything about these pads? I may just go with the ebay package for now and pick up some oem pads later. In any case, thanks for the advice. I am definitely going to go for the Premium Series.

harmless

Nov 21, 2011
Hawk seems to ring a bell now that you mention it...

I visited their site again today just to see what products they still carry.

Hawk...

The box had lots of green coloring in them if I remember correctly... They were "High-Performance" ferrous based pads.

They wore out horribly quick.
They had an immesurable amount of brake dust.

I wan't pleased.

I've since returned to the ACDelco semi-metallic pads. I find them much better, the limited lifetime warranty is ok and I've had much, much less brake dust than with them other pads...

You'll be pleased with their rotors though!! :thumbsup:

Irishboy02

Apr 1, 2012
harmless said:
Hawk seems to ring a bell now that you mention it...

I visited their site again today just to see what products they still carry.

Hawk...

The box had lots of green coloring in them if I remember correctly... They were "High-Performance" ferrous based pads.

They wore out horribly quick.
They had an immesurable amount of brake dust.

I wan't pleased.

I've since returned to the ACDelco semi-metallic pads. I find them much better, the limited lifetime warranty is ok and I've had much, much less brake dust than with them other pads...

You'll be pleased with their rotors though!! :thumbsup:

Sounds like a set of organic pads to me. Iv always purchased the extended wear pads from R1, always worked out great.

VoyDude

Original poster
Apr 4, 2012
I went ahead and purchased the Premium Series R1 Discs and WOW....what a difference! Loving the new feel in stopping power. Definitely made a difference compared to my old warped ones...lol. Package came with brakes and got it for a really good price. If you are in the market for discs I would highly recommend the R1's. :thumbsup:

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MissCrutcher

Members Online