Quik wheel bearing/hum question

fishguy1123

Original poster
Dec 5, 2011
I just replaced both front wheel bearing/hubs on my 02 tb the other day. Replaced the wrong one first.... go figure, but my question is can you unbolt the ABS sensor wire from the replacement and attatch it to another? I saved the old bearing that was the "good" one in case one fails in the nearish future for some reason, but some of the clips are trashed. I'm hopeing if I need to swap it out I can just re-use the wire from the one thats installed now on the old/used one. Thanks.

The_Roadie

Lifetime VIP Donor
Nov 19, 2011
Portland, OR
I've heard of people doing that, but there are benefits to having a new, non-corroded sensor. If youhave broken clips, just apply Ty-wraps. Like duct tape and JB Weld, EVERY household needs a good assortment of Ty-wraps. (zip ties).

In the old days, there were bread and trash bag metal-core twist ties, but they have gone plastic and useless like so many other things.

fishguy1123

Original poster
Dec 5, 2011
Thanks, I was figuring if the new/just replaced one went bad in a short time for some reason I would just swap the bearing and use the harness that came with the new one. If it lasts a cpl years or more I'd just get a new bearing. Zip ties are awsome!

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
m3talc0re

Members Online