Questions

Adamc0909

Original poster
Dec 14, 2017
Monticello ga
So I know the north face lights are like the holy grail and the rear wind deflector is rare. Is there any other rare or special items for TB’s?

Mooseman

Dec 4, 2011
Ottawa, ON
The cowl cover was aftermarket.

Original GM Hitch cover. Ultra rare. Filled the whole hitch area.

Pullout rear cargo cover for SWB. Not super rare but hard to come by. Usually sells at a premium price. I sold one at the meet and still have another. EXT had a hard shelf/cover that slipped into lots on each side of cargo area.

Saw that the North Face, the EXT anyway, had a dome/map reading lights in the rear hatch. Also had "The North Face" embroidered in the headrests. There were a number of other goodies on these.

Radiator top cover. Was on some very early TB`s, some Bravadas and SS. Not very common.

I saw off-roading stuff under a junker Envoy once. It had metal skid plates for the tank, transfer case, engine and radiator. No idea if they were OEM or aftermarket but they looked OEM.

I_Shoot_Back

Feb 18, 2018
Ponoka
Pullout rear cargo cover for SWB. Not super rare but hard to come by. Usually sells at a premium price. I sold one at the meet and still have another. EXT had a hard shelf/cover that slipped into lots on each side of cargo area.

What does SWB stand for? Also,what do you call a premium price? (as i have two in pristine condition :thumbsup:)

Matt

Dec 2, 2011
Short Wheel Base. You'd get a minimum of $50 (if you were being nice) for the cargo cover but they're going for up to twice that on Ebay. I have mine in the garage.

Blckshdw

Nov 20, 2011
Tampa Bay Area, FL
Oh yeah, the Northface EXTs had the cargo shelf with folding legs to form a table.

Reactions: Mooseman

HARDTRAILZ

Nov 18, 2011
The cowl cover was aftermarket.

Radiator top cover. Was on some very early TB`s, some Bravadas and SS. Not very common.

I saw off-roading stuff under a junker Envoy once. It had metal skid plates for the tank, transfer case, engine and radiator. No idea if they were OEM or aftermarket but they looked OEM.

I had one of the rad covers for years an never used it. Seemed like a pain in the ass to bother with so its on the shelf.

There were no metal skids factory. Had to be custom cause I think I have the only MDB TC skid. There were plastic skids for rad, oil, gas tank avail stock and the tank skid is actually pretty decent.

HARDTRAILZ

Nov 18, 2011
Black plastic with a few holes, basically flat and just lays over the rad. .

google search provides...
images

HARDTRAILZ

Nov 18, 2011
I have one of these as well....not sure if they were on all the SS. Always thought is would be fun to just stick it on there to screw w people. But now i am thinking....maybe try n stick it on my LS1 in the car

icnvnt.jpg

Mooseman

Dec 4, 2011
Ottawa, ON
Those were also on the Saab 9-7x. Might only fit on the LS engines with the taller truck intake manifold.

djthumper

Administrator
Nov 20, 2011
North Las Vegas
If you want more articulation for off roading then do it. If you are mall rated don't.

HARDTRAILZ

Nov 18, 2011
If the rear has not affected you in how you use it, then leave it.

wstuckey1

Apr 11, 2018
Fenton MI

wstuckey1

Apr 11, 2018
Fenton MI
Please do tell the story on how that happened
Not as exciting as you may expect. I went underneath while I was installing the body lift and the end link was completely detached. Ball joint came apart. Probably popped while I was flexing over something. I'm assuming that it is original from 2002 so not that bad.

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MissCrutcher

Members Online