question regarding voy

ConeKilrAutoX

Original poster
Dec 8, 2011
Hello all, I am currently waiting for parts to come in and previously let the envoy sit a few days and the battery froze. I got a new one but I am having to let the car sit for 5 days a week not being driven. I keep the battery in my house and put it in just to run and lightly drive/limp the envoy around a few subdivisions once a week. Is this going to cause any engine problems or general vehicle problems doing this until march? thank you in advance!

The_Roadie

Lifetime VIP Donor
Nov 19, 2011
Portland, OR
Your PCM will have almost permanent amnesia and won't totally relearn things with such a short drive. May cause misfires, but just watch for a flashing SES. If you never get any codes, you're probably OK. If it was mine, I'd run an extension cord out to it and keep a trickle charger (1A or so) on the battery to keep it from depletion.

ConeKilrAutoX

Original poster
Dec 8, 2011
the roadie said:
Your PCM will have almost permanent amnesia and won't totally relearn things with such a short drive. May cause misfires, but just watch for a flashing SES. If you never get any codes, you're probably OK. If it was mine, I'd run an extension cord out to it and keep a trickle charger (1A or so) on the battery to keep it from depletion.

great info thank you roadie.

I am converting to a 2006 pcm tuned for boost in march so are there any other risks outside of the pcm? I will try to get a hold of a charger as well until march.

thanks again

The_Roadie

Lifetime VIP Donor
Nov 19, 2011
Portland, OR
Any time the power disappears, the HVAC actuators are at risk during every recalibration when the power comes back. But I've previously posted that a weak actuator should be taken out and shot at every opportunity and not coddled. I can't think of any other issues.

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
rgoldwing54

Members Online