Question re: online vehicle application guides

northcreek

Original poster
Jan 15, 2012
WNY
Wondering if others have experience this when shopping car parts online. It can be RockAuto, AutoZone,Ebay, etc.. you hunt down the part that you are sure is for your vehicle and you get the "this part does not fit your vehicle".
I think I'm batting 50% of the time on this. Today I needed a turn signal cancel cam for my Chevy based motorhome and every source displayed the above warning but, hey...the picture looked identical to mine so I bought it at AZ and it was right. What say you guys?
s-l225.jpg

Blckshdw

Nov 20, 2011
Tampa Bay Area, FL
I see that often enough to notice it, on Amazon and Ebay, but it's usually been for things that aren't mission critical and from sister models/platforms, so I know better. Like the 07+ rear wiper arm, 06+ LT trim pieces, Denali XL running boards, etc.

I think I've seen it a few times on some other parts, so I'll usually cross check the PN on another site and see what they say. Usually I'll always get the answer I was looking for, that it will fit. How much I pay attention to the pics in the adds, depends on the site. If I see the same pic(s) posted for similar parts, with different model numbers, I'll ignore them completely.

I'll usually use RA for the parts search, and then try to find them cheaper by PN elsewhere. :twocents:

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MissCrutcher

Members Online