NEED HELP Question re Limeswap tune

Jayman

Original poster
Mar 4, 2012
Hey all
I sent in my ECM for some magic from Jeremy as so many of you have. I wanted to turn off the cylinder deactivation and get some more power, better shifts etc. He was great at communicating with me and responding to my questions.
Anyway when it was shipped back I received an email and this was a part of it, "I wasn't able to do shifts, as the TCM was shipped. But I think you'll enjoy the absence of DOD, and the performance tune :smile:"
I have responded a couple of times asking to clarify this as I don't understand and have heard nothing, zip. To be honest I really don't feel much if anything when driving the truck after reinstalling, not like you guys have said.
Can someone explain his comment please? Was I suppose to send in something else with my computer?
Thanks!
Jay

HARDTRAILZ

Nov 18, 2011
I would think he would have explained what he needed before you mailed things to him.

Blckshdw

Nov 20, 2011
Tampa Bay Area, FL
Do 2007 V8s have a separate transmission control module? If so, I'd assume he meant to say 'the TCM wasn't shipped'

Edit: your profile says 2002 :tongue:

Reactions: Mooseman

Jayman

Original poster
Mar 4, 2012
Interesting reply. Yes you would think so...
Pretty sure I followed the instructions. Can anyone decipher the comments above please who has experience with a tune?
Also this was for the 2007 Denali with the 5.3L.
Thanks

HARDTRAILZ

Nov 18, 2011
he should have asked for both parts like PCMofNC does and they do charge more for such.

Mike534x

Apr 9, 2012
I haven't tried Lime Swap yet, but when I sent mine into PCM of NC they asked for both the TCM and PCM. I know 05+ V8's have a TCM.

Jayman

Original poster
Mar 4, 2012
I haven't tried Lime Swap yet, but when I sent mine into PCM of NC they asked for both the TCM and PCM. I know 05+ V8's have a TCM.
Well thanks guys, I didn't realize this either and in all the communication back and forth we never spoke if this. That really sucks. Where is this unit located? Very disappointed... 😥

Mooseman

Dec 4, 2011
Ottawa, ON
It is located just behind the radiator below the battery behind the PCM. They're essentially back to back to each other.

Could have been a simple omission on Jeremy's part. IIRC, he did ask me for both. Get a hold of him and I'm sure you could work something out. It is worth it.

Reactions: limequat

Jayman

Original poster
Mar 4, 2012
It is located just behind the radiator below the battery behind the PCM. They're essentially back to back to each other.

Could have been a simple omission on Jeremy's part. IIRC, he did ask me for both. Get a hold of him and I'm sure you could work something out. It is worth it.
Wow not sure how I missed it then.
That's what's frustrating, he isn't responding. Also not the service I've come to learn he provides based on all the reading I've done prior to sending my ECM in. Was a great experience up until it was shipped back, then nothing

Mooseman

Dec 4, 2011
Ottawa, ON
He's not a full time business, just an enthusiast who does this on the side, hence, the low cost. What kind of time frame are we talking about here?

Jayman

Original poster
Mar 4, 2012
He's not a full time business, just an enthusiast who does this on the side, hence, the low cost. What kind of time frame are we talking about here?

Last attempt was April 28th and I sent this;

Hey thanks Jeremy.

I'm new to this, did I send you the wrong part when you say the TCM was shipped LOL? Or what do you mean by TCM? Was I supposed to send something else along with it?

Jay

Jayman

Original poster
Mar 4, 2012
I know life happens to all of us. Do you think I should try again? Also does someone have a pic of this module and it's exact location?

HARDTRAILZ

Nov 18, 2011
I would try again. He has a good rep so far.

limequat

Dec 8, 2011
Hi Jayman,
I apologize for this. I did reply both times, but maybe there was an email problem. I should have better explained that you needed to send in the TCM to get the firmed shifts. For sure you are welcome to send in the TCM and get the rest of the tune, for no additional charge.
You can try the phone number http://www.lime-swap.com/contact if email continues to be a problem.
Regards,
Jeremy

Jayman

Original poster
Mar 4, 2012
Thanks for your reply Jeremy, I appreciate that.

I did go back and check and even scoured my junk mail and do not see anything from you. It was uncharacteristic for you not to respond though so I'm glad to hear we can move forward and complete the service. I am not putting the whole "TCM" thing on you though, I should have done more reading as well.

Let me see if I can find this part and also determine a window I can have my vehicle down where we can do this.

Thanks,

Jay

Jayman

Original poster
Mar 4, 2012

When I removed it I believe I disconnected 4 cables. One on back and 3 on front. I wiggled it out toward the battery and that's what I sent to Jeremy. Are you saying within the black housing the ECM sits in, the TCM is right there too? If this is what you mean I can't believe I didn't notice it.

Thanks,

Jay

Mike534x

Apr 9, 2012
They sit back to back of each other within the same housing, so the PCM is on the front and the TCM sits adjacent to it on the rear held in by locking tabs.

Attachments

• ECM_TCM_LOCATION_07.jpg
    ECM_TCM_LOCATION_07.jpg
    178 KB · Views: 21

Jayman

Original poster
Mar 4, 2012
They sit back to back of each other within the same housing, so the PCM is on the front and the TCM sits adjacent to it on the rear held in by locking tabs.

Thanks Mike! That's very helpful 👍

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MissCrutcher

Members Online