NEED HELP Question 🤔

Bronsonc1856

Original poster
Jul 19, 2021
Can I just run my exhaust pipe straight from the motor about 2 foot back ?? Or do I have to run it further back?

TollKeeper

Supporting Donor
Dec 3, 2011
Brighton, CO
The reason an exhaust exits out the rear of a vehicle is so that Carbon Monoxide Poisoning doesnt happen from exhaust gasses entering the truck.

Redbeard

Jan 26, 2013
The reason an exhaust exits out the rear of a vehicle is so that Carbon Monoxide Poisoning doesn't happen from exhaust gasses entering the truck.
:iagree:

Carbon Monoxide attaches to the hemoglobin 200 times more readily than oxygen. But then the red blood cell is nearly unable to release the carbon monoxide and the red blood cell "dies" with the carbon monoxide still attached. When enough of these red blood cells have attached to carbon monoxide you go to sleep. BUT THIS SLEEP IS USUALLY FOREVER. aka you are dead.

Going from memory: in an atmosphere of less than 1% after several hours you never wake up.

It just isn't worth the risk of death by staying near your exhaust which spews out carbon monoxide. It is odorless and tasteless so you will have no warning of imminent danger. Keep the exhaust near the end of any vehicle.

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
bobby2175

Members Online