Quadlights

corky

Original poster
Jan 23, 2012
Portland OR
So I don't know if this is common knowledge or just a perk of the 2003, but I've seen post for a quad light up grade but on my truck if you turn on the fog lights with the low beams when you hit the high beams the lows will stay on with no additional work. Of course if you don't have fog lights that may not be an option.

Mooseman

Dec 4, 2011
Ottawa, ON
Hmmm. Is it possible that yours was modded in the past? It is actually illegal in some jurisdictions to have more that four lights on in front at the same time so the OEM would not make it so from the factory. Stock, these trucks do not keep the lows on with the highs and those with fogs, they automatically turn off with the highs. The ONLY exception is the 9-7x with the stock HID lights where the lows would stay on with the highs but would still turn off the fogs.

On my 02, I did do the mod to have the fogs stay on with the highs as well as quad highs. On my 07, I don't have fogs however did the diode mod for quads.

Reactions: xavierny25 and Matt

corky

Original poster
Jan 23, 2012
Portland OR
Hmmm. Is it possible that yours was modded in the past? It is actually illegal in some jurisdictions to have more that four lights on in front at the same time so the OEM would not make it so from the factory. Stock, these trucks do not keep the lows on with the highs and those with fogs, they automatically turn off with the highs. The ONLY exception is the 9-7x with the stock HID lights where the lows would stay on with the highs but would still turn off the fogs.

On my 02, I did do the mod to have the fogs stay on with the highs as well as quad highs. On my 07, I don't have fogs however did the diode mod for quads.
My fogs don't stay on when I kick on the highs, I just need them turned on for it to go into quad mode when the highs are engaged, they will go off and the lows will stay on with the high beams

Matt

Dec 2, 2011
So I don't know if this is common knowledge or just a perk of the 2003, but I've seen post for a quad light up grade but on my truck if you turn on the fog lights with the low beams when you hit the high beams the lows will stay on with no additional work. Of course if you don't have fog lights that may not be an option.

Is that when you pull the stalk back or push it forward or both?

Matt

Dec 2, 2011
It's been modified then. Normally, if you push the stalk forward the lows will turn off and flash to pass (pull it back) they'll stay on.

Reactions: Mooseman

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MissCrutcher

Members Online