Quad Ascender tail lights?

rizzo20

Original poster
I wired up Ascender tails on my Envoy using the attached pic (unknown author) I found floating around. This setup makes the top light (red LED 3157 bulb) on the fixture work as a parking light & brake light. The middle light becomes the turn signal ( red LED 3157 bulb) and I don't have the bottom bulb wired into my reverse lights yet.

What I want in the end is the top two bulbs to work as parking/brake/ turn signals. Is that possible? I think I have the correct bulbs installed to make that happen but I have no idea how to change the wiring to accomplish it. Also, I noticed the middle bulb socket only has 3 wires and 3 pins but the top socket has four wires and 4 pins. I'm thinking I need to change the middle socket to the same type as the top to pull this off, correct?

Attachments

• Wiring-Reconnected.jpg
    Wiring-Reconnected.jpg
    86.3 KB · Views: 19

Sparky

Dec 4, 2011
Well here's the issue, this platform has the turn signal separate from the brake light, so you'll have to use something to combine the separate signal and brake wires to a combined brake/signal. Then you'd just wire the top two sockets identically. You would need another socket like the top one to make it work, although, it is odd the top is a 4 wire socket instead of 3. (Usually with 3157 bulbs you have a parking light, brake and/or turn light, and ground).

One way to accomplish this is a trailer adapter to combine the signals. Not sure if there is another way to do it on this platform or not.

Funny thing is, my Silverado has combined brake/turn signals and I want to split them out lol.

Reactions: Capote and rizzo20

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ready67

Members Online

No members online now.