Put in CAI need help.

kjkim93

Original poster
Jan 1, 2012
So I installed a Volant CAI. But when I took the MAF out I forgot which way it was installed from factory. And with the pictures online it doesn't help. Is it gray clipside up? Or silver side up?

Mooseman

Dec 4, 2011
Ottawa, ON
There should be an arrow on it showing airflow direction. If not, then the screened side is towards the air filter.

AWD V8

Jan 12, 2015
If you can't find the direction of air flow arrow you have a 50/50 chance of installing it correctly. If you get it the wrong way around it will idle poor, and be undrivable when you raise the RPM. No harm done, just remove and turn it around.

kjkim93

Original poster
Jan 1, 2012
If you can't find the direction of air flow arrow you have a 50/50 chance of installing it correctly. If you get it the wrong way around it will idle poor, and be undrivable when you raise the RPM. No harm done, just remove and turn it around.
Thats the thing. so if its wrong it would def affect driving performance? Its been fine, with LimeSwaps tune and the Volant. Its fun to drive again. But its been bugging me since I had no clue if I put it back correctly.

Mooseman

Dec 4, 2011
Ottawa, ON
Not really. The screen is to protect the thin sensor wires in the sensor. It works by heating the wires and measuring how much voltage it takes to keep it at a certain temperature. Doesn't matter which way the air flows for that but the screen does protect those wires from possible debris.

AWD V8

Jan 12, 2015
Apparently their is an arrow next to the plug connector. Top right in the photo.
s-l1600.jpg

Or is yours like this one?
s-l1600.jpg

kjkim93

Original poster
Jan 1, 2012
Apparently their is an arrow next to the plug connector. Top right in the photo.
s-l1600.jpg

Or is yours like this one?
s-l1600.jpg
I have be top one. So is the arrow facing towards the filter or towards the throttle body.

AWD V8

Jan 12, 2015
I have be top one. So is the arrow facing towards the filter or towards the throttle body.

The arrow shows the direction of air flow, from the air filter to the engine, the arrow points towards the engine.

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
timmerk

Members Online