Push to start suggestions

Canary2323

Original poster
Mar 31, 2012
Looking for suggestions on push to start (ignition) with two way /alarm systems. Saw one the other day in friends 350z, wondering if anyone has done this and knows of a good brand.

The_Roadie

Lifetime VIP Donor
Nov 19, 2011
Portland, OR
Sorry, can't help with the electronics. Thought you wanted advice how to push start it with a dead starter, and was going to say with an auto transmission, you can't. :redface: :wink:

Ghost

Jun 1, 2012
the roadie said:
Sorry, can't help with the electronics. Thought you wanted advice how to push start it with a dead starter, and was going to say with an auto transmission, you can't. :redface: :wink:

I thought the same thing:biggrin:
Id love to do the same in my tb.. anyone got an answer?

kardain

Dec 16, 2011
Canary2323 said:
Looking for suggestions on push to start (ignition) with two way /alarm systems. Saw one the other day in friends 350z, wondering if anyone has done this and knows of a good brand.

To get the push to start like the imports have, first you would need to bypass the ignition cylinder lock for the steering wheel, then bypass Passlock, then wire in a fancy pts button.

I believe they use something like rfid or similar to achieve the theft protection bits, not sure how the steering wheel lock works on those...

Why not just get an alarm with remote start and ask your installer to hook up that feature? Autopage or Viper are decent brands that support remote start. Push a button on the fob and vehicle starts.

SBUBandit

Dec 5, 2011
This would look pretty cool on a Saab 9-7x if you put the button on the center console where the key goes.

Canary2323

Original poster
Mar 31, 2012
I was at my local shop and guy bought to two and someone back out, so he's giving me other one for cheap. I like this one bc no more keys just put credit card style key in wallet and doors unlock as soon as you come next to truck. Can also set it to start or roll windows up and looks by it self too. Just never heard of name brand but looks good so getting done next week, pics next week

SBUBandit

Dec 5, 2011
Canary2323 said:
no more keys just put credit card style key in wallet

I like that idea. Some of the new key fobs have gotten outrageously large and are fairly uncomfortable in pockets. I can't even imagine how some of the people wearing the skinny jeans get their keys out. I wear carpenter jeans that make as little contact with me as possible and keys still get uncomfortable.

HARDTRAILZ

Nov 18, 2011
Sounds interesting. Just never forget your wallet...

Canary2323

Original poster
Mar 31, 2012
HARDTRAILZ said:
Sounds interesting. Just never forget your wallet...

Haha, it comes with keypad to mount on windshield with touch key code to override system if need.

blazinlow89

Jan 25, 2012
Link? Sounds interesting, I would still rather have the 2ambition way with rs. I had a rental with the push button and while nifty it was no more convenient that just a key. Once the cool factor wore off it was no longer as interesting. It was easy enough to install my rs and I have the modules to automatically do the windows.

Canary2323

Original poster
Mar 31, 2012
blazinlow89 said:
Link? Sounds interesting, I would still rather have the 2ambition way with rs. I had a rental with the push button and while nifty it was no more convenient that just a key. Once the cool factor wore off it was no longer as interesting. It was easy enough to install my rs and I have the modules to automatically do the windows.
No. Here's a link, there's a video on YouTube that shows how it works
http://www.advancedkeys.com/Prod_AK104B.html/

Sparky

Dec 4, 2011
Nifty idea but I really don't want to have to give my wallet to someone or give them the code for them to put something or get something from my vehicle. I just push the fob button and unlock/lock from a distance so I can be lazy and not have to walk over to it with them :rotfl:

Pittdawg

Dec 5, 2011
the roadie said:

I believe we are having a "generational" miscommunication here :rotfl:

McGMT

Jun 17, 2012
Pittdawg said:
I believe we are having a "generational" miscommunication here :rotfl:

Sounds like a great bumper sticker... "Push to Start" Actually sounds like a GREAT bumper sticker. Little stick figure pushing on a car... I like it.. :thumbsup: :tongue:

Sparky

Dec 4, 2011
McGMT said:
Sounds like a great bumper sticker... "Push to Start" Actually sounds like a GREAT bumper sticker. Little stick figure pushing on a car... I like it.. :thumbsup: :tongue:

:biggrin:

Attachments

• 8626366.jpg
    8626366.jpg
    47.4 KB · Views: 5

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MissCrutcher

Members Online

No members online now.