Pure Gem Detailing Before and After Photos

shrek77

Mar 30, 2012
Wow what a difference! that looks pretty good for a............ford......cough....cough.......

Reactions: Mounce

ChriSS K

Original poster
Jan 3, 2012
jpimp said:
Nice work bud, How long did it take?
It took the better part of 9 hours. He has a 2014 Orange Challenger he wants me to do next.

Reactions: jpimp

xtitan1

Jun 5, 2013
What a mess! Great job with it! How did you handle that weird spot on the hood (picture 2nd from the top)? What was that?

ChriSS K

Original poster
Jan 3, 2012
Thanks. The thing on the hood is is the plug wires for my shop lights.

ChriSS K

Original poster
Jan 3, 2012
What a day on this one. Customer was ok with using an AIO on the paint since its a daily driver that will probably see a car was sooner than later. Just to add some more protection I added optimum spray was on top. I was very surprised how well Optimum Poli-Seal did on this suv, especially since its black.

Reactions: dmanns67

xtitan1

Jun 5, 2013
ChriSS K said:
Thanks. The thing on the hood is is the plug wires for my shop lights.

Oh haha, It looks exactly like his clear coat got eaten through there or something! I was like damn, how'd he fix that?!

ChriSS K

Original poster
Jan 3, 2012
Not my typical photo shoot being that the car was not in too bad a shape. I ended up using my menzerna PF, sealed it up with some PL and topped it off with some Fuzion by hand. Customer was extremely happy!

ChriSS K

Original poster
Jan 3, 2012
Repeat customer who wanted a full interior and a two step exterior. This was my first time using the lake country hybrid pads and I have to say I'M SOLD! I'll be moving to use these pads exclusively. Enjoy!

HARDTRAILZ

Nov 18, 2011
Nice work!

ChriSS K

Original poster
Jan 3, 2012
Awesome detail today. Customer wanted the Pure Gem package before going to Carlisle next weekend. The first step polish was menzerna SIP on a lake country hybrid blue pad, followed by menzerna super finish (4000) on a lake country white. Lastly I applied fuzion by hand. All machine polishing was done with a flex 3401.

ChriSS K

Original poster
Jan 3, 2012
This sweet ride came to me in pretty bad shape, but 12 hours later she's good to go. Had my first chance at using Menzerna Fast Gloss on a LC hybrid orange followed by Menzerna SF 4000 on a LC hybrid white. Finally she was sealed with Menzerna Power Lock. I would give this combo a slight edge over the megs twins... All and all it was another satisfied customer.

ChriSS K

Original poster
Jan 3, 2012
I was able to get most of the scratches out of this one, but this daily driver had some deep ones. I ended up using menzerna FG 400 on a hybrid orange followed by menzerna SF 4000 and sealed with menzerna PL. Still loving the menzerna hybrid combo. Interior was cleaned with optimum power clean and carpets were extracted with Mytee Lite II. Love that machine by the way!

ChriSS K

Original poster
Jan 3, 2012
Well I normally don’t detail during the winter time, but received a call from a friend of a friend to help with this 68 GTO. The customer was restoring this car for someone and wanted help detailing it after painting it. The customer did an awesome job doing the body work, paint and lining everything up. The paint is a tri-stage and the color is called “Blue my mind”. When I got to the car the customer had already wet sanded the car down with 2000. The flake in this paint really "pops"!
After giving the car a wipe down I started with some Menzerna PG 400 on a lake country hybrid orange pad. There were a handful spots that needed to be re-sanded and hit again with the PG. 2nd step was some Menzerna SF 4000 on a lake country hybrid white pad. Lastly was some Menzerna power lock on a lake country standard blue pad. The 1st two steps were done with the flex 3401 and the 3rd step was done on the PC.
The rest of the car is being assembled by the customer. I do know that the owner of this car is the original owner and he’s extremely happy with the end results. Sorry if the pics are so-so, I took them with my phone.

HARDTRAILZ

Nov 18, 2011
That is simply beautiful.. Great car and that shine is amazing!

Bow_Tied

Dec 21, 2014
London, ON
Awesome! Stance looks a bit high but hopefully it will settle with final assembly.

ChriSS K

Original poster
Jan 3, 2012
What a great opening weekend! Sorry I didn't get to do my before and after side by side but my camera died before I could take the after pics. So some are with my camera and others are with my cell. My cell takes the better pictures. This one was in for the Pure Gem Package. I started with some menzerna 400 on an orange hybrid pad followed with menzerna 4000 on a white hybrid pad and sealed with menzerna power lock. The clear bra was in pretty bad shape and I know it's a no no to polish a clear bra but myself and the owner agreed it couldn't get worse and it was cool to try and clean it up some. If it didn't work he was just going to pull it off. Anyway...I ended up using some menzerna 4000 with a white hybrid pad. Turned out much better than what it was.

Reactions: Sib and dmanns67

ChriSS K

Original poster
Jan 3, 2012
Got my first envoy that wasn't mine. The paint was in pretty bad shape and i know it's hard to show good correction on white but it was bad enough that I think it's easy to see.Paint was decontaminated with clay and iron X. Products used: Menzerna 2500, Menzerna power lock, Iron X. Carpets were cleaned with optimum APC and extractor.

Dec 4, 2011
I wish you weren't such a road trip for me. I get mine detailed every couple of years and i am impressed with your work.

Reactions: ChriSS K

ChriSS K

Original poster
Jan 3, 2012
Thank you sir!

ChriSS K

Original poster
Jan 3, 2012
This was in today for a micro polish. I had to be honest with the customer here...I did a full correction on the car last year and the customer took such good care of it that after I washed it I couldn't find a reason to polish this car. So I just did a wash and wax with some nice fuzion. Then I had to take some fun pics with the kid! Love this car guys.

ChriSS K

Original poster
Jan 3, 2012
Here are some pics of the car I did this past weekend. So pretty much 3 out of every 4 cars I do are black so I have a solid success rate with the following combo... Menz FG 400 on an orange LC hybrid, Menz SF 4500 on a white LC hybrid and Menz power lock on an LC red pad. I also had to a headlight restore while it was in. For the headlights I started at 800 grit and followed up with 1000 and 2000. Lastly, they were polished with the same menz fg and sf, but was sealed with opti coat 2.0.
The car was in pretty rough shape between swirls, scratches and sap marks. It's a daily driver and isn't garage kept so.... here are the pics. I'm posting a picture that shows one side finished and the other just after using the Menzerna FG. I though it would be to illustrate the need for the mulit-step process. This really shows the haze left behind after using the compound and the need to follow up with a micro polish.

Mooseman

Dec 4, 2011
Ottawa, ON
Amazing work! I'm just blown away by the side by side. It's incredible that it can be brought back to better than new.

Reactions: ChriSS K and Mounce

mcsteven

Apr 18, 2012
You do damn good work. Luckily I just picked up a client who runs the detail shops for a local (with 3 locations) body shop. I see mostly very high end cars there: MB, Aston Martin, Ferrari as well as Teslas.

Keep up the good work.

Reactions: ChriSS K

ChriSS K

Original poster
Jan 3, 2012
mcsteven said:
You do damn good work. Luckily I just picked up a client who runs the detail shops for a local (with 3 locations) body shop. I see mostly very high end cars there: MB, Aston Martin, Ferrari as well as Teslas.

Keep up the good work.
Thanks man. It takes a long time to do this work correctly. It's nice to know it doesn't go unnoticed.

Reactions: mcsteven

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MissCrutcher

Members Online

No members online now.