Props To Kinetik Batteries

STLtrailbSS

Original poster
Dec 4, 2011
This is my quote from "What did you do to your gmt today?"
I had an interesting morning. Woke up for work tryed to remote start got the 3 beeps back from the viper which is usually a range problem but I was about 20 feet away so I changed my batteries still nothing got in the truck the old fashioned way with a key lol tryed to start ignition was killed so the alarm was still active but not responding to unlock. So now it was time to play defuse the bomb. I had to pop the hood and disconnect the battery and reconnect the battery but still nothing I then had to jump it and the alarm came on but after the jump I killed the alarm and was able to start the car. Then my radio was froze then had to pull that fuse to get it to work its still a blur what exactly could of happened. the battery had absolutely no problem turning over and I didn't drop at all on the volt meter will have to investigate more after work. This was all at 5am and that is what I did to my gmt today lol

Well I figured out the issue. When I got out of work today it was dead called my dad for my jump the Volt Meter was still a little under 14v and then I figured to pop the hood and cut the audio circuit via breaker under the hood and once I did that the volts went to a hair from dead then I realized what I have done I had been running and cranking my SS off a Kinetik 600 audio battery!! :no: I was stunned and felt like a total moron. So I got a new battery immediately which wasnt my favorite thing to do in a parking lot. BUt now all is well and I isolated the audio circuit and took a volt meter to the battery and for now she is still perfect. Which has now explained the radio messing up for the past TWO days, because once I got the new main battery in there was no issue at all. PROPS TO KINETIK! Cranking a 6.0L multiple times and running off of some super short charges my commute to work is less then 5 minutes. Bada** little guy in the back of my truck!

On a weird Side note It was the AC delco battery it was labeled 6yrs I own a 2006 trailblazer the thing died jan,5th,2012 6 years lol

MrDJ

Dec 4, 2011
Waxahachie, TX
I also have the Kinetik 600 battery and I have used it to jump my car a few times before. Those little things are powerful and can be very helpful!

Boricua SS

Nov 20, 2011
Ohio
glad you figured it out.. sucks being stranded like that...

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chirobo1

Members Online