Proper procedure for installing HVAC actuators

gmcman

Original poster
Dec 12, 2011
So I've tried a cheap aftermarket, and one from the dealer, the end result is I have full.cold and full hot, but anything in between is like a slow moving seesaw.

As far as the temp control or "blend" I believe it may be referred to as, when installing, I cannot get the actuator lined up without rotating the actuator motor and this may be my issue.

Any tips, or proper methods for installing these actuators would be appreciated.

For the record, I've done every chicken dance in regards to calibrating to no avail.

I want to finally get the temp control working properly, I do hear the air being drawn in from the side pillar so I assume that's working.

Mooseman

Dec 4, 2011
Ottawa, ON
Did you try recal... Just kidding :biggrin:

You didn't run them before mounting them I hope? That's known to destroy them.

Reactions: gmcman

mrrsm

Lifetime VIP Donor
Supporting Donor
Oct 22, 2015
Tampa Bay Area
These Two ACDelco Tech HVAC Actuator Training Videos may prove helpful:

How to use a 9Volf DC Battery to Re-Position the Inner Gear Alignment:

How to Use ACDelco TEC2WIN Program Capable Scanners to Re-Calibrate HVAC Blend Door Actuators:

Last edited:
Reactions: gmcman

gmcman

Original poster
Dec 12, 2011
Did you try recal... Just kidding :biggrin:

You didn't run them before mounting them I hope? That's known to destroy them.

I believe i had to in order to line up the door shaft to the actuator. That's one part I'm curiois about, is there a special tool to move the door?

These Two ACDelco Tech Training Videos may prove helpful:

Thanks.

I need to get a Tech 2 or MDI.

I will try the 9V method if it's out of adjustment.

Reactions: mrrsm

TJBaker57

Aug 16, 2015
Colorado
You didn't take the cover off of them and move any internal gear positions, correct?

Edit: It can be corrected if this was done but you would have to take the cover off again to get the gearing realigned.

Mooseman

Dec 4, 2011
Ottawa, ON
IIRC, what I did was insert the actuator at whatever position it was at and turned the actuator until it was aligned with the screw holes.

gmcman

Original poster
Dec 12, 2011
IIRC, what I did was insert the actuator at whatever position it was at and turned the actuator until it was aligned with the screw holes.

I remember doing that to I believe the mode actuator, but the blend I couldn't get that to happen.

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ready67

Members Online