Looking for this part

Attachments

• 2015-03-07 12.59.38.jpg
    2015-03-07 12.59.38.jpg
    536.6 KB · Views: 11

Mooseman

Dec 4, 2011
Ottawa, ON
If the dealer doesn't carry it anymore, your best option would probably be a pick-n-pull yard. Instead of risking breaking the plastic clip, unbolt the entire bracket.

Oldsnut

Original poster
Aug 12, 2021
Uranus
If the dealer doesn't carry it anymore, your best option would probably be a pick-n-pull yard. Instead of risking breaking the plastic clip, unbolt the entire bracket.
I have had zero luck finding one online or at salvage yards.

christo829

Dec 7, 2011
Fairfax, Virginia
fleaBay has a possibility:

Dorman makes a "Help" pack with a bunch of various ones as well, but I'm not finding the stupid part number for that pack just now. I'll keep looking...

There's this one as well, but I wish people would put some real pictures in some of these:

Good Luck!

Chris

Last edited:
Reactions: mrrsm and Mooseman

Oldsnut

Original poster
Aug 12, 2021
Uranus
I am looking for the entire bracket, not just the clip. It is rusted and weak and if I bend it the thing is gonna snap in half.

christo829

Dec 7, 2011
Fairfax, Virginia
Ah...understood. I think Mooseman had the same impression I did, and his suggestion is going to be the most likely source anyway, but I'll keep my eyes open, and maybe someone else here in GMTN has one they can spare.

Cheers-

Chris

Reactions: mrrsm

aaserv

Dec 1, 2019
N of Baton Rouge, La.
Cant promise you anything but im planning on going to u-pull this weekend. If i go.....its been raining like crazy on and off here and im not going in the slop.....but if i go AND they have 1 Ill snag it for ya. Ck back Mon or Tues

Oldsnut

Original poster
Aug 12, 2021
Uranus
Cant promise you anything but im planning on going to u-pull this weekend. If i go.....its been raining like crazy on and off here and im not going in the slop.....but if i go AND they have 1 Ill snag it for ya. Ck back Mon or Tues
That would be awesome as Oldsmobile Bravada's in Texas are a rare commodity. Yes its basically a Chevy rebadged but parts are getting hard to come by.

Mooseman

Dec 4, 2011
Ottawa, ON
You do realize that the same part from a TrailBlazer or Envoy will fit unless yours has the rare full radiator cover with integrated prop rod clip. I had snagged one of those on a Bravada years ago and I still have on my current 07 TB. I would have offered the original clip and bracket except I don't know where they are now. Another solution is to locate a Saab 9-7x and grab the hood cylinder and brackets and do away with the prop rod altogether.

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MissCrutcher

Members Online

No members online now.