Project Two Guns Continues

Blackwater

As some of the older members already know that I have a heavily modified truck. After differential swap, transmission swap, second transmission installed, and a few other minor mods (sound, lights, ect) I finally got my hands on a LQ4 6.0. Next is parts, parts and more parts. Im looking to get the top end kit from trick flow. Kit number: Trick Flow® 550 HP GenX® Top-End Engine Kits for GM LS2 TFS-K306-550-470. I will also use ARP bolts on all items that are critical and hard to get to. The top end kit claims to produce 556 hp and 475 lb-ft of torque on a stock bottom end. below is the lnk to the dyno.

Here is the link https://www.trickflow.com/parts/tfs-k306-550-470/documentation

Dyno on the top end link https://static.trickflow.com/global/images/chartsguides/t/tfs dyno tfs-k306-550-470 2014c.pdf

Next will be the bottom end. I plan on getting the TSP 402 stroker kit. Which includes TSP Forged 4" Crankshaft, TSP 6.125" H-beam with ARP 2000 bolts, Wiseco 4.005" -3.0cc Flat-Top (10-K464X05), Please Include Coated Clevite Main & Rod Bearing Sets Balance Rotating Assy., 24x reluctor wheel, standard wrist pins.

https://www.texas-speed.com/p-903-tsp-402-cid-lq9ls2l98ly6-rotating-assembly.aspx

I'm reusing my a/c compressor. I'm adding electric fans, 200 amp alienator and a set of headers. Power steering I will try to keep.

Attachments

I love projects to drool over lol.

OP
OP
Blackwater

Blackwater

Hey sparky, have you been keeping up on this project?

I recall some of it, but not all.

OP
OP
Blackwater

Blackwater

I up graded the rear diff from a 8.5 with 3.08:1 to a 9.5 14 bolt with 3.73, Detroit locker and G2 diff cover. took out the nv3500 and added a nv4500 mw3 and gearvendors. converted the front from 5 lugs to 6. 2007 Yukon 17 in rims. no its engine work then suspension. lastly paint n body. interior.

OP
OP
Blackwater

Blackwater

Update on the project. I just received my wiring harness and computer. Now have to look for the IAC chip inside. If it is there I can use what I have in the truck far as cruse control and throttle by cable. If it is not then I have to order the proper foot feed for it and do some rewiring on the trucks harness to work the cruse control in the ECU.

I'm also looking at a starter, Alternator, Fans (flex-a-light 280), MAF sensor, building a cold air intake, Fuel pump (50 psi to power the 45LB-hr injectors for 43.8 psi), and using the power steering and A/C from the original.

Just a thought but I know the LS1 in the 4th gen Camaro was cable driven throttle and cruise. Maybe you could adapt some of that stuff somehow, get some PCM programming from it, etc? I don't know a lot about that sort of thing but maybe a few pieces from the same engine family may help?

OP
OP
Blackwater

Blackwater

I would have to go with an earlier ECM and harness. they had 4 different harnesses and two different ECMs

Attachments

OP
OP
Blackwater

Blackwater

The wiring harness I received from the bone yard was oily. Must...Clean...it. :mad:

OP
OP
Blackwater

Blackwater

Got the oily mess cleaned up, mostly. but need couple of other items to complete the swap.

OP
OP
Blackwater

Blackwater

Update on the build. After being overseas on and off for the last 3 years and not to mention things keep breaking while am gone, I am starting to tear down the LQ4. I will have it torn down and begin inspection. After I return, I will have the block worked by a machinist and also, If the MOD Gods permit, have the rotating assembly in. I will be taking pictures to share in the fun.

OP
OP
Blackwater

Blackwater

Ok, for now I cant do anything money wise till I return from Jeddah, KSA. But I have decided not to do the stroker crank. I will be having around 475+ Lb-ft with the original crank. What I will do is still do a piston, piston rod, cam and heads upgrade like planned, but for a 6.0L. with this setup I will still make close to 600hp. Not sure yet. I will be first cranking it up on the engine dyno. I rather it self destruct there then in my truck. When I return from my business trip I may still decide to do the stroker. Which if I decide to put the vortec max logos on the truck and the engine covers then they will think there's something up with an engine with head and cam change making 600+ HP. but the stroker kit is $1900. I think if I research more and see how much more for the crank versus just the pistons and rods. Any thoughts?

OP
OP
Blackwater

Blackwater

Here will be the last touch to the engine build. image1.jpeg

Last edited:
OP
OP
Blackwater

Blackwater

1526482839496.png 1526482839496.png

Which one would look better in a blue truck?

I like having a little contrast, and my TB has the white gauge faces, so I'm a bit biased there.

I personally do not like white face gauges.

OP
OP
Blackwater

Blackwater

More go fast parts Grill emblem.jpeg

OP
OP
Blackwater

Blackwater

I'm kind of leaning on the black face. Just not sure at the moment.