problem with mirrors

alan

Original poster
May 8, 2012
hello, i have a TB '06

Electric mirrors do not work and when the pilot and copilot do not wear a seat belt does not sound like bell

someone told me it could be the module of the power windows...

help please !!

thankyou!

The_Roadie

Lifetime VIP Donor
Nov 19, 2011
Portland, OR
Welcome!

You have two problems, and they are not related to each other.

1) The mirrors are definitely controlled by the driver's door module (DDM) that also controls the power window and locks. Do you have any problems with window or lock control? If not, you might just have a failure of the mirror control switch or the wiring from the switch to the DDM. Are you good with electrical troubleshooting, or do you have an automotive electrical technician to get help from? The dealer could also troubleshoot it, but for a price that is probably higher.

2) The seat belt chime (bell) is controlled by switches that are wired to the BCM (body control module), but the final thing that makes the noise is the radio, using the left front speaker. Did you just buy this vehicle? Did the chime used to work, and is now dead? Or was the chime always dead? If you have an aftermarket (not original equipment) radio, the problem could be that the person who installed the new radio did not use an "adapter" that is required to keep the chime working. Please tell us about the history of the vehicle.

Thanks.

alan

Original poster
May 8, 2012
the roadie said:
Welcome!

You have two problems, and they are not related to each other.

1) The mirrors are definitely controlled by the driver's door module (DDM) that also controls the power window and locks. Do you have any problems with window or lock control? If not, you might just have a failure of the mirror control switch or the wiring from the switch to the DDM. Are you good with electrical troubleshooting, or do you have an automotive electrical technician to get help from? The dealer could also troubleshoot it, but for a price that is probably higher.

2) The seat belt chime (bell) is controlled by switches that are wired to the BCM (body control module), but the final thing that makes the noise is the radio, using the left front speaker. Did you just buy this vehicle? Did the chime used to work, and is now dead? Or was the chime always dead? If you have an aftermarket (not original equipment) radio, the problem could be that the person who installed the new radio did not use an "adapter" that is required to keep the chime working. Please tell us about the history of the vehicle.

Thanks.

thankyou for the answer

1) i dont have problems with the windows or door lock, only the mirrors

2)yes, i changed the radio and the problem start since this moment but i dont know nothing about the adapter to keep the chime working, what can i do ?

thankyou!!

The_Roadie

Lifetime VIP Donor
Nov 19, 2011
Portland, OR
1) Do you have electrical skills to trace a schematic and read voltages with a meter? If not, you will need help to troubleshoot the mirrors.

2) You need a GMOS adapter. Choose the right one by reading this thread: http://gmtnation.com/f35/what-gmos-adapter-buy-2802/

Did you buy the radio from a shop who offered to install it with the proper adapter? And maybe you just said that was too expensive? Most shops who sell good radios would also advise you about the required adapter. And good on-line places like Crutchfield also discuss adapters. You can also research them at the GMOS web site or at crutchfield.com

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MissCrutcher

Members Online