SOLVED! Problem Saab 9-7x Crank no start SOLVED

Pygot

Original poster
Dec 6, 2019
RI
Hi, I am a new member to the forum and want to share my experience diagnosing a Lots of crank no start with my 2008 Saab 9-7x 4.2 I6. After replacing multiple fuel pumps, and the previous owner replacing multiple fuel pumps the car would start only by hitting the bottom of the gas tank 1 day after putting in a new fuel pump. Had mechanic check wiring from fuel pump to harness and replaced the fuel sending unit and harness to no avail. After looking through the fuses in the engine bay fuse box and testing some with a multimeter I realized the #31 20 amp for the Injectors (marked INJA on the fuse box cover) was loose. Thousands of dollars could have been saved if I had merely checked to make sure all of the fuses were pressed into the fuse box. This is a write-up for a lots-of-crank and no start / intermittent start problem, usually after sitting where the fuel system has been checked and replaced as well as a gopd battery. Will post in the future to confirm fix.

Mooseman

Dec 4, 2011
Ottawa, ON
Changed the title to something better.

Sometimes you just have to go back to the basics to resolve the most difficult issues.

Reactions: Pygot

Pygot

Original poster
Dec 6, 2019
RI
3 days update drove the car 300 miles for super bowl, mostly highway and it did great no problems. Still has unrelated evap code but is starting reliable everytime as of right now. Will keep posted but so far so good.

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
bobby2175

Members Online