Precious Ford F-150

drkhead

Original poster
Jun 26, 2012
I know there's a lot of F150 fans here, and I totally saw the coolest one today in my work parking lot.

What made it even cooler was the fact that this truck is SO cool, that he takes up two parking spaces just to park it! You don't even see the cowl induction hood that he's got from the rear here or get a good look at his awesome chrome everywhere and recessed blacked out rims.

You also don't see the NY Yankees tag on his window (people don't exactly take kindly to Yankee fans up here). I could care less about if someone likes the yanks, but it probably would be in their best interest to stop parking like an asshole in redsox nation territory! I used to live in NYC, and would never dare to list any Massachusetts paraphernalia on my vehicle other than my Mass plates, yet I got my license plates stolen (could be coincidental), all four tires slashed at once (for no apparent reason, again maybe a coincidental gang initiation?), but yelled at several times a month to go back to Massachusetts. I did! lol I still don't hate on them though, but like I said, not a great idea to park like an asshole, there are crazies up here in Mass too.

Either way, I sure am thinking of trading my voy in for an F150 after seeing this behemoth!

View attachment 21806

Attachments

• f150.jpg
    f150.jpg
    9.6 KB · Views: 21

steven76

Mar 24, 2012
drkhead said:
I know there's a lot of F150 fans here

:confused:

drkhead said:
Either way, I sure am thinking of trading my voy in for an F150 after seeing this behemoth!

Well...for lack of something witty to say, let me just show you how that makes this GMT owner feel...

[video=youtube;TT9pmIKHhk8]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TT9pmIKHhk8[/video]

drkhead

Original poster
Jun 26, 2012
steven76 said:
:confused:

HELL NO I won't be trading my voy in ANY time soon! :wink:

I'm still debating on whether to drive it into the ground or get new in 3-4 years... but there's nothing new that I like more than my ride right now so I'm not exactly sure what I'll end up doing. Either way, right now, I'm GMT all the way!

ItsOnVoy

Nov 21, 2011
The new f-150 are cool and much nicer. I personally would never drive them or get anything that big.

The_Roadie

Lifetime VIP Donor
Nov 19, 2011
Portland, OR
Moved to the correct forum for the obvious reasons.

drkhead

Original poster
Jun 26, 2012
the roadie said:
Moved to the correct forum for the obvious reasons.

oops. yes very obvious. I swear I looked at the forums to find the appropriate one - how I missed that I'm not exactly sure.

blazinlow89

Jan 25, 2012
ItsOnVoy said:
The new f-150 are cool and much nicer. I personally would never drive them or get anything that big.

That big, my next truck will either be a F-250 superduty, or a 2500 HD.

A guy I used to work for had a 2002 f-150 he bought new, in 2006 when I started working for him it had 460k miles. When it finally went in 2008 it had 610 miles and the oil pump went in the engine. He was a paper delivery guy he would drive anywhere from 350-500 miles a night. Not to mention the idle time. This was every night by the way no holidays.

blazinlow89

Jan 25, 2012
the roadie said:
I didn't think you could make money delivering papers without an econobox. Hmmmm, have to rethink my retirement income plans. :undecided:

He ran it for the tri-county area. He would pick up near the warehouse, and meet us in different locations for our pickup. He made bank, like 140k plus a year, he got alot of tax incentives too, mileage, he recycled the old papers for something like 5-8 cents per pound, not to mention all of the freebies. Box seats at Ravens and Orioles games, tickets to concerts and other things too. He paid us 300 a week to deliver, which was for me between 2am-6am every day. Back when I was in school it was damn good money, and gas was cheaper. I would do it today but I would end up driving myself into the ground with my full time job.

ItsOnVoy

Nov 21, 2011
blazinlow89 said:

A guy I used to work for had a 2002 f-150 he bought new, in 2006 when I started working for him it had 460k miles. When it finally went in 2008 it had 610 miles and the oil pump went in the engine. He was a paper delivery guy he would drive anywhere from 350-500 miles a night. Not to mention the idle time. This was every night by the way no holidays.

Yeah to me there too bug. My voy is enough lol and wow he put some serious miles. I'm surprised it actually lasted so long. Not many cars go that many miles

drkhead

Original poster
Jun 26, 2012
blazinlow89 said:

I don't really mean to knock F-150s. Hope none of you guys really took offense! I just had to post it seeing the way he parked.

What I wish I was able to do, is angle the pic well enough to show my coworkers truck in the next row... She (5'2" or less I'm guessing; tiny little thing) drives an F250 King Ranch. Thing is f-ing ENORMOUS... and she still knows how to fit it in a spot! Even backs that sucker up into the spot every day.

She owns several horses and houses many more for others, but she says she has always driven trucks, and ford trucks at that.

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MissCrutcher

Members Online

No members online now.