Prayers are needed

Regulator

Original poster
Nov 20, 2011
Yesterday (Sunday) morning my Grandmother was found in bed, unconscious, and was not able to be revived. They immediately called the ambulance and had her transported to the hospital. She has yet to regain consciousness and is showing very little signs of brain activity.

A little bit of the back story... She is 76, has a history of heart disease to include 4 open heart surgeries, high blood pressure, diabetes, and Alzheimer's has set in over the last six months or so. My mother has moved in to their house and become a full time care giver for the last 5 years or so now. Due to the Alzheimer's, she is no longer able to maintain her own medications accurately and as such has to have someone administer them when needed.

This last week my mother has been in Florida helping move my sister, her husband, and their new born baby into their new house. While down there she left Grandma's care to my Grandfather and a few other local family members. Unfortunately, it looks as if my Grandfather gave her the pill box and allowed her to manage her own medicine. It looks as if she over medicated and something put her into a daze. Mistake number 1.

Saturday afternoon she passed out in the bathroom and fell, hitting her head on the bathtub and knocked herself out. The ambulance was called and they revived her with smelling salts. Upon her insistence, Grandpa signed off on the release and they did not transport her to the hospital. Mistake number 2.

Now she is laying in a hospital, with signs of a concussion, and in a coma. She is showing very little brain activity, and is listed in critical condition. They are working hard to clean out all of the medicine from her system in the hopes that they can get her stabilized and be able to revive her. However, the truth of it is that with very little brain activity it may be to late.

I have experienced it plenty in the past, the power of prayer can certainly work miracles. Right now we are certainly in need of a miracle.

HARDTRAILZ

Nov 18, 2011
You got it Brother. Let me know if you need anything.

djthumper

Administrator
Nov 20, 2011
North Las Vegas
My prayers are with you and your family.

Boricua SS

Nov 20, 2011
Ohio
Prayers sent my friend!!

Hatchet

Nov 21, 2011
my prayers are with you brother. let me know if you need anything.

ItsOnVoy

Nov 21, 2011
Will be in my prayers!! I wish for the best man!!

Regulator

Original poster
Nov 20, 2011
Thank you everyone. It truly means a lot!!!

Nov 18, 2011
Prayers to you and your Family.

Boricua SS

Nov 20, 2011
Ohio
jham said:
Matt Needs our prayers again for his family. let show them our support again

you doont even have to ask!! consider it done!!! :grouphug:

STLtrailbSS

Dec 4, 2011
Stay Strong, You are in our prayers in STL

Sparky

Dec 4, 2011
:grouphug:

HARDTRAILZ

Nov 18, 2011
Prayers Sent

MichEnvoyGuy

Dec 3, 2011
In our thoughts and prayers! :thumbsup:

My Mom has Alzheimers (late stage now) - shes been suffering for 11 years, started with symptoms at age 51. :frown:

I hope and send you solace, but it would be a blessing to fall asleep and not wake up before the late stages of this horrible disease take place. Trust me when I say that. Im definitely thinking of you and your family at this time and hope you can find some comfort in what I said.

Hatchet

Nov 21, 2011
i got the word from him this morning... Matt you know i'll always be there for ya... i'm sorry to hear this happening...

my prayers are sent you and your family... :sadcry::grouphug:

Black_tb

Dec 6, 2011
thoughts and prayers :grouphug:

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MissCrutcher

Members Online