Powergain

borretje

Original poster
Jan 1, 2012
Been driving around for one day now with the new tune and now I know why you all where so crazy about it,it's feels like a complete different car!
Acceleration,response,power at low rpm........SUPER!
The Volant cai also,not to loud untill I go for the throtlle than it opens up!!
Does someone know what the power gain with the tune is?

:thumbsup::thumbsup::confused:

woody79

Dec 3, 2011
gsf1200m said:
I think the gain of the tune is something like 10hp.

I tend to have a heavy right foot .... I would loveto get a tune for the extra hp but am concerned about the loss in mpg.

gsf1200m

Dec 15, 2011
My mpg can be good or bad depending how I'm driving. The tune really has not changed the mpg for me, but the overall drive-ability is much better.

limequat

Dec 8, 2011
I think what most people like about the PCMforless tune is actually the reduction in torque management. Their E-Fan setup is pretty trick too, and probably worth more power than the tune itself.

Blckshdw

Nov 20, 2011
Tampa Bay Area, FL
million-miles said:
Can you still run 87 cheep stuff with the tune

I believe they set your tune for 87 octane, unless you specify you want it tuned for something else on your order form.

RayVoy

Nov 20, 2011
If you get the tune with the 87 octane selection, the increase in power is from the removal of the torque management, as limequat said.

If you opt for the 91 octane tune, you will feel an additional increase in power. The 91 tune will give you an increase in timing, resulting in a few additional horses.

03envoy

Dec 25, 2011
If you specify 1500lbs towing, and you tow like 3000lbs, would the torque management possibly mess the trans up?

khill

Jan 7, 2012
I don't think so, as long as you drive carefully. Manage the torque yourself (be kind to your transmission, slow acceleration, manual shifting even) and you should be fine.

Regards,

Keith

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MissCrutcher

Members Online

No members online now.