Power steering leak

Rob65

Original poster
Oct 20, 2019
Altoona
I have this ps leak on my passenger side. my rack and pinion have been replaced, along with my power steering pump. The leak seems to be hitting my engine fan any ideas what it could be?

Rob65

Original poster
Oct 20, 2019
Altoona
Additionally it stopped leaking for a time after the rack was replaced but started day's later. It's also not leaking now but there's no power steering.

TollKeeper

Supporting Donor
Dec 3, 2011
Brighton, CO
Could be the power steering cooler and supply lines.

Rob65

Original poster
Oct 20, 2019
Altoona
After replacing the cooler and bleeding the lines it's coming back here and there but im not leaking

paul2005tb

Nov 26, 2014
Massachusetts
I had same issue with the OEM PS cooler. It is in a position that gets a lot of debris hitting it and it corrodes. I basically cut mine out and installed a new larger cooler up higher in front of the radiator. You can cut the two aluminum feed lines right at the OEM cooler. Then you simply run some nitrile lined hose/tube to the new cooler that you mount above the old one. Works like a charm.

Last edited:

KEEBZ489

Jan 16, 2018
Howard Beach NY
check the actual lines from the cooler to the rack also. first my cooler leaked , after the replacement the lines must have had more pressure and blew out the corroded lines to the rack. hell of a job , but doable. just give yourself a whole day to commit to it

Reactions: paul2005tb

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
bobby2175