Power Port Cap

zippy216

Original poster
Apr 23, 2012
Can I replace one of the power port caps on the front column of my 2007 Envoy denali? The cap on the right snapped off. Also the 2 lights behind the front and rear defrost buttons are out. Can they be replaced?

Thanks

The_Roadie

Lifetime VIP Donor
Nov 19, 2011
Portland, OR
The power port "retainer" as parts4chevys.com seems to call it, is under $5 list price at the dealer. Recommend you just go there so you can confirm it's the right part when you order it. As a trim piece, it's not going to be seen in the aftermarket. Although there are MANY receptacle covers available in the parts stores. Assuming you even need it covered. Why not just whittle off the stubs of the hinge plastic and put the cap back in the hole?

Many folks have put LEDs in the HVAC circuit board, or you can solder in a replacement Radio Shack lamp. Have you disassembled modules like this and can you solder?

Sparky

Dec 4, 2011
FWIW my cap hinge broke off on my Trailblazer and it won't stay in the socket without the hinge. I just left it off because the socket right next to it never had a cap anyway, and I know better than to stick my fingers in the outlets :biggrin:

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
bobby2175

Members Online