NEED HELP Power/Heated/Turn Signal Mirror replacement

RedEnvoyDenali

Original poster
Dec 4, 2011
It appears I may need to replace the Passenger side mirror on my 06 Envoy Denali. The unit will work with the adjustment controller in an in and out configuration but not an up and down format. The curb view doesn't appear to work either.
A couple of questions. Do these mirrors have covers on them so that i don't need to paint the new mirror just snap the cover on before or after replacement. Second there seems to be a mirror unit that has power folding in addition to heating and power activation with amber turn signals. My do not have the power folding feature, can i purchase the power folding one and plug them into the receptacle? Will they work as power folding mirrors if I do this?
Thanks for all info provided

Mounce

Mar 29, 2014
Tuscaloosa, AL
The back painted cover does pop off, I don't know how though.

As for folding, I do not believe the stock switch will accommodate the folding feature. I know @Blckshdw put some on his and made his own wiring circuit.

RTTBLT1

Jan 25, 2016
Louisburg, KS
Hello, i believe you are referring to the Mirrors Caps on the opposite side of the glass...if you tilt the Mirror glass all the way up and down you can access the clips that holds them to the Mirror body/housing. Of course you would have to do this manually in your case.
As for the Power Folding Mirrors I can't say either way cause I don't know that one.

Blckshdw

Nov 20, 2011
Tampa Bay Area, FL
Reactions: RTTBLT1

RedEnvoyDenali

Original poster
Dec 4, 2011
Thanks to everyone as usual the people on this site solved the problem quickly and accurately. Special thanks to Blckshdw for the info on the folding mirrors.

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
timmerk

Members Online