Power door locks and remote question

NCTahoe

Original poster
Jan 10, 2019
NEW CALEDONIA
Hello everyone,

I am a fresh new owner of a GM car, as this is pretty exclusive/rare on my island. it is a 2003 TAHOE LT.

Just 2 questions to fellow owners that of course know better than me, as this is my first GM, about power door locking :

1°) When car is locked, I press once the unlock button on the remote and the driver door open, then a second press and all the door open... so this is all working fine.

But, when car is unlocked, if I press lock button once on the remote .... NOTHING happens.
Then if I press the lock button a second time, all the door lock indeed.

Is this the way it is supposed to work, pressing 2 times the lock button to have the car locked ??

2°) If I use the key on the driver door lock cylinder, it locks/unlocks the driver door, but does not trigger the power door locking/unlocking on the other doors.
Is this the way it is supposed to work ?

Thank you for your support to a US car newbie (more used to european and japanese car in here)

Best regards

Erik.

mrrsm

Lifetime VIP Donor
Supporting Donor
Oct 22, 2015
Tampa Bay Area
Wow... A GMTN Member from New Caledonia... Remarkable... Welcome to The Nation...

When you get the chance ...visit THIS First Link and after following @Mooseman 's Instructions... and if available... Download BOTH The Complete GM OEM Owner's Manual AND GM Service Manual for your particular flavor Tahoe...or something close enough to be useful ...such as the Full Sized Trucks.

It might just be a procedural thing that needs to be 'tweaked' to get the Door Locks and the Driver's Remote working together. Make sure the Battery is Fresh in the Remote.

For FULL SIZE GM Trucks:

https://gmtnation.com/forums/threads/full-size-service-manuals.19079/

For GMT360 Vehicles (If you decide to get a Trailblazer or an Envoy...too):

https://gmtnation.com/forums/threads/need-service-manuals-get-them-here.361/

Last edited:

NCTahoe

Original poster
Jan 10, 2019
NEW CALEDONIA
Dear MRRSM,
thanks for your warm welcome message :o) and for the manuals links. This is very valuable resource !

I had a look in the owner's manual, but could not find any indication that the physical key turning in the driver's door lock cylinder opens or closes all doors (like on my toyota or land rover), or just this door only.
How do you all have this working as standard ?

Also, I read that the remote keyless fob, on closing should on first press close the doors and on second press activate "alarm"... but in my case, first press nothing happens at all, and second press all the doors lock and I see the Theft Deterrent icon flash on dashboard...

So trying to understand why it is behaving this way, if anyone has a real world feedback as how it is working on your trucks

Thank you again

Erik.

mrrsm

Lifetime VIP Donor
Supporting Donor
Oct 22, 2015
Tampa Bay Area
I'm uncertain whether or not this Video will nail down the issue... but perhaps this Professional Instructional Film will provide some additional clues about the Full Size GM Trucks with Security Programming issues ...and a Website that you can visit and communicate with via email and get some additional help with your Key Fob Issues:

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MissCrutcher

Members Online

No members online now.