Pothole pain

gs300cb

Original poster
Apr 23, 2014
Hey everyone! The new site looks great and worlds above the "other " site. Still looking through all the forums for numerous things. One thing that has become a priority is to find a new wheel for my 04 TB. A pothole ran out in front of me and I hit it. HARD. Broke a sway bar link and bent the rim, actually put a flat spot on it, but it didn't go flat. The part number on the wheel is 9595109. It's 17"x7 5 slot wheel. I'm unable to find any updated part number for that wheel and want to find one new/used that's in decent shape.

Also a question on remanufactured wheels. Is that a used wheel that was just cleaned up or a new after market wheel?

Thanks!

The_Roadie

Lifetime VIP Donor
Nov 19, 2011
Portland, OR
Hi, and welcome!

I see 4-5 of those wheels on Ebay right now for $125-200. Junkyards are also a good source to try.

Have you tried to claim for the pothole damage with the road authority in your locale? Sometimes they pay up.

Remanufactured wheels are used and repaired ones.

Reactions: DocBrown

DocBrown

Dec 8, 2011
The_Roadie said:
Have you tried to claim for the pothole damage with the road authority in your locale? Sometimes they pay up.
My thought exactly. They just announced one of these claim periods in the Milwaukee area.

gs300cb

Original poster
Apr 23, 2014
Thanks for the info. Pennsylvania claims they are not responsible for damage from potholes. I looked in to it already. Insurance is not worth it either since I have a $500 deductible. I will check on eBay for a wheel and make a trip to the local junkyard this weekend. I saw gmpartsdirect had wheels for $133, guessing brand new. That's why I was checking on the part number. Thought it might be worth the $133 if it were brand new.

Thanks !!

gs300cb

Original poster
Apr 23, 2014
I thought about that too, got under the vehicle and found the spare wheel is the steel wheel. Not the same as the 4 corners.

Thanks for the suggestions!

IllogicTC

Dec 30, 2013
$133 for the wheel but the S&H will be killer for something of that weight. Something to keep in mind.

BOSSV

May 5, 2014
Tell me about it man just hit a pot hole sat night. Had the car and my brand new wheels on for 10 days. Bent the shit out of my new wheel. Now because my wheels are custom I have a 3-4 week wait for a new wheel. I'm not happy here's a few pics

When they were new
ImageUploadedByTapatalk1399404188.078527.jpg

Bent wheel
ImageUploadedByTapatalk1399404237.047042.jpg

And no these aren't for my trailblazer

Mark20

Dec 6, 2011
Tell me about it. Son hit a whopper of a pot hole that appears to have taken the last of the front struts life. Going to have them replaced Monday.

May 22, 2012

BOSSV

May 5, 2014
I tried a local shop and the jon at best wheel deals said that his shop doesn't think they can fix it without it breaking so I already ordered a new wheel. I'm still going to try and get it fixed and if they can I will just have a spare

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
madmaxdob

Members Online