Posted about past HID problem, next day had HID problem

MAY03LT

Original poster
Nov 18, 2011
Delmarva
MAY03LT said:
I had the same problem a few years back. Pass side wouldn't turn on .1% of the time. Hit the switch left (off) and to the right (on) and it would come back to life. It was so infrequent that I didn't bother swapping ballasts from side to side. Then one day the pass ballast just died and the new ballast hasn't done it. If it's happening frequent enough it might be worth swapping the ballasts from side to side to either rule out or condemn the ballast.

I had a relay harness and the drls were disabled.

^^^^This was from last night.

This morning I had no low beams or fogs. Both are HID. So in between the time I posted that and this morning, the ground connection for the ballasts had built up that one final nanogram of corrosion that prevented the HIDs from firing.

It's like that song by Atlantis Morrisette where there was a no smoking sign on your cigarette break. Or something.:crazy:

Anyone else have that happen?:undecided:

Matt

Dec 2, 2011
No, but when it was really cold mine will occasionally turn off and on for 1 second. I removed Regulators auto fog mod and haven't had a problem....but I think it may be more the weather than that mod. I'm going to redo it by soldering and connectors and see what happens in winter.

Blckshdw

Nov 20, 2011
Tampa Bay Area, FL
That's a new one to me. One of my ballasts has the occasional misfire issue on engine start when I'm in the shade or it's dark. I moved that ballast to one of the fogs, and have the routine of toggling my headlight switch as soon as I start it in those situations.

ChevyTBLover

Nov 21, 2011
MAY03LT said:
^^^^This was from last night.

This morning I had no low beams or fogs. Both are HID. So in between the time I posted that and this morning, the ground connection for the ballasts had built up that one final nanogram of corrosion that prevented the HIDs from firing.

It's like that song by Atlantis Morrisette where there was a no smoking sign on your cigarette break. Or something.:crazy:

Anyone else have that happen?:undecided:

I've having that problem lately. I've tried everything to try to stop contaminants/water get inside the connections, with no luck.:hissyfit:

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MissCrutcher

Members Online