Post A Pic Of Your GMT RIGHT NOW!!!

jrSS

Dec 4, 2011
NinjuhhNutz said:
I'm rocking the silver metallic, (this may be a dumb question, but I'm by no means a detailing expert) any direction I should go, or steer clear of for that matter? I'd like to get a bit more pop from my paint and get rid of some of the swirls and minor scratches.

Wash...claybar. wash again. Hit with polishing compound with a mild cutting pad. Then throw some wax on. Look on some you-tube vids. Adams polishes is prolly your best bet for the cleaners and such. Their pads are a little salty compared to lake country. You can buy both brands on ebay.

redleg6

Apr 10, 2012

Attachments

• ImageUploadedByTapatalk1375300169.128621.jpg
    ImageUploadedByTapatalk1375300169.128621.jpg
    29.5 KB · Views: 174

CaptainKD

Jan 13, 2012
2uzyzybe.jpg

fr34kout

Jan 6, 2012
Shit I'm happy when I'm in the 14-15 range. I think in the 3 years I've owned my truck I average around 12.8-13. I keep track every single time I fill up, got a good app on my phone.

NinjuhhNutz

Oct 15, 2012
jrSS;164482 said:
Wash...claybar. wash again. Hit with polishing compound with a mild cutting pad. Then throw some wax on. Look on some you-tube vids. Adams polishes is prolly your best bet for the cleaners and such. Their pads are a little salty compared to lake country. You can buy both brands on ebay.

Much appreciated. I plan on grabbing a buffer on eBay next week, we'll see how it goes from there

Kayava

Aug 2, 2013
2006 Envoy Denali V8 Summit White with TrailBlazer SS wheels (I bought it this way 3 months ago)
Anybody know where I can find either PLAIN or GMC center caps for these wheels?:smile:

Attachments

• IMG_2737.jpg
    IMG_2737.jpg
    57.3 KB · Views: 28
  • IMG_2735.jpg
    IMG_2735.jpg
    91.2 KB · Views: 28

Ryda55555

Apr 11, 2013
Kayava said:
2006 Envoy Denali V8 Summit White with TrailBlazer SS wheels (I bought it this way 3 months ago)
Anybody know where I can find either PLAIN or GMC center caps for these wheels?:smile:

Welcome! Nice voy, i just bought gmc centre caps from the dealer.
Part #9597360
They're $15 each
They look like this

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    84.6 KB · Views: 31

Kayava

Aug 2, 2013
Ryda55555 said:
Welcome! Nice voy, i just bought gmc centre caps from the dealer.
Part #9597360
They're $15 each
They look like this

DUUUDE!!! Thanks SO MUCH!!

Porkins

Dec 5, 2011
Kayava said:

Welcome to the Nation fellow Georgian.

- - - Updated - - -

Kayava said:

Welcome to the Nation fellow Georgian.

Kayava

Aug 2, 2013
rojas84 said:
Kayava what size tires are on the wheels those nittos
look aggressive

They're size 265/50R20 111S.
I actually bought the truck at a FIAT dealership of all places..:smile:
I have a kid now and it was the least "soccer mom looking" truck I could find in my budget :wink:

HARDTRAILZ

Nov 18, 2011
Couple hours ago...

STLtrailbSS

Dec 4, 2011
lovin those new wheels! :thumbsup:

and the trashed plastidip :rotfl:

Ryda55555

Apr 11, 2013
Hahaha yea that plastidip really completes the look :rotfl:
Never heard of bead locks before but i guess its pretty self explanatory :raspberry: looks good

05tbowner

Feb 8, 2012

New roof rails and bike rack, and my 1950's Schwinn 26" cruiser I just "restored". Looks good together. Please ignore the mustache.

Ryda55555

Apr 11, 2013
Bscfrank914 said:
some beautiful weather yesterday! figured id take another pic or two

View attachment 16862

View attachment 16863

If it was my saab i'd paint the "C" pillars to match the rest of the pillars, do a rear window handle delete, tint everything on the tail lights except reverse light, and plastidip/use whatever paint for the grilles on the lower rear bumper fascia piece
But thats just me lol everyone has their own taste
Either way looks amazing, would trade my voy for one in a heartbeat. Only thing that steers me away is the AWD

Bscfrank914

Aug 10, 2012
Ryda55555 said:
If it was my saab i'd paint the "C" pillars to match the rest of the pillars, do a rear window handle delete, tint everything on the tail lights except reverse light, and plastidip/use whatever paint for the grilles on the lower rear bumper fascia piece
But thats just me lol everyone has their own taste
Either way looks amazing, would trade my voy for one in a heartbeat. Only thing that steers me away is the AWD

Yeah definitely looking into some of those mods! I first have to get a new rear bumper because someone decided to hit it and is now cracked. After that though, I wanted to tint out my front windows, add a new black exhaust tip, and add some camo wrap to the interior! Maybe eventually get my wheels powdercoated flat black. I was also going to get some seat covers and LED's for everywhere! lol

I love my truck during the winter. The tires I have on it now are phenomenal. I live on a very steep and long hill. The winter the hill gets super icy and my truck gets up it with no problem. I've had the truck through Buffalo winters as well, and its great during the snow. My dad had a 06' TB LT and I learned how to drive on that, and to be honest, I cant really tell a difference between that 4WD and my AWD during the winter. Obviously the 4WD low you cant compare to the AWD, but I would recommend my Saab with the rubber I have on during the winter to everyone.

Ryda55555

Apr 11, 2013
Quick photo shop i did with all the suggestions

Oh no, AWD is great and im not comparing it to the 4x4. Its just i heard theres a lot more problems and maintenance with AWD because 4 wheels are always engaged
I used to have a full time 4wd rav4 and it was awesome in snow, so much control even while drifting completely sideways
Fun little first car

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    67.1 KB · Views: 21

Ryda55555

Apr 11, 2013
Ryda55555 said:
Quick photo shop i did with all the suggestions

Oh no, AWD is great and im not comparing it to the 4x4. Its just i heard theres a lot more problems and maintenance with AWD because 4 wheels are always engaged
I used to have a full time 4wd rav4 and it was awesome in snow, so much control even while drifting completely sideways
Fun little first car

Yea i realized while photoshopping that the "C" pillar isnt really possible without having a paint line visible so scratch that idea lol
the saab has a lot of potential but not a lot of people really look into it.
Dirty30LS1 has a really nice saab 9-7x aero on youtube and it rips it too

northcreek

Jan 15, 2012
WNY
Kayava said:

Nice truck...I noticed that you stated a 6.0 V8,is this correct? was it altered? because they only came with a 5.3 V8,just curious...Mike.

fr34kout

Jan 6, 2012
northcreek said:
Nice truck...I noticed that you stated a 6.0 V8,is this correct? was it altered? because they only came with a 5.3 V8,just curious...Mike.

Didn't even catch that when I read it, but there's no way (that I know of) to turn the 5.3 into a 6.0. Different bore size, which means different sleeve size. It can be bored out to 5.7 (it's basically an LS6 with a smaller bore), and you could then stroke it to a 383 (roughly 6.3), but you would need to swap in an LS2 block or LQ9 block to get it to 6.0.

I'm assuming since it's a new purchase, they assumed top of the line (Denali) meant top of the line motor. That's what I thought when I bought my truck, didn't know there was a different truck on the same platform with a bigger motor until a few months later.

Ryda55555

Apr 11, 2013
fr34kout said:
Didn't even catch that when I read it, but there's no way (that I know of) to turn the 5.3 into a 6.0. Different bore size, which means different sleeve size. It can be bored out to 5.7 (it's basically an LS6 with a smaller bore), and you could then stroke it to a 383 (roughly 6.3), but you would need to swap in an LS2 block or LQ9 block to get it to 6.0.

I'm assuming since it's a new purchase, they assumed top of the line (Denali) meant top of the line motor. That's what I thought when I bought my truck, didn't know there was a different truck on the same platform with a bigger motor until a few months later.

I know of 2 people to swap the 5.3 with the 6.0 ls2
One envoy and one saab

But yea the 5.3 cannot be bored out to a 6.0, something about being an aluminum block and ruining the sleeves

Gunna be trading my voy for an SS sometime by the end of the year or saving for a bmw 335i for a summer car
But would love to put some serious money into an SS and make all the ricer cars on the road think twice about thinking trucks are slow :rotfl:

fr34kout

Jan 6, 2012
Ryda55555 said:
I know of 2 people to swap the 5.3 with the 6.0 ls2
One envoy and one saab

But yea the 5.3 cannot be bored out to a 6.0, something about being an aluminum block and ruining the sleeves

Gunna be trading my voy for an SS sometime by the end of the year or saving for a bmw 335i for a summer car
But would love to put some serious money into an SS and make all the ricer cars on the road think twice about thinking trucks are slow :rotfl:

Yup exactly, the aluminum block with steel sleeves means you can only bore it out so big until you need to put new sleeves, which is very expensive. Makes more sense to just swap in a 6.0 block to begin with. If it was an iron block like the 6.0 LQ9 you can bore it out without worrying about sleeves at all. I actually wanted to bore and stroke my 5.3 out to a 383 one day, but chances are that won't happen. Would be nice if I had more money haha.

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
06_4.2_4x4_ls

Members Online