Possible new ride

StvsDenaliXL

Original poster
Nov 21, 2011
Well everyone, like the thread said, the wifey and I are contemplating getting a new ride. We're thinking of a pick-up with the cab and 4 doors, I already had thoughts of a Sierra or Silverado 2500HD, I really like the diesels they have really come a long way, True diesel fuel is a little more expensive at the pump, but considering the mpgs you get it would work itself out in the long run. I use a Silverado 2500HD at work and I would fill up it's 36 gallon tank about every 2 to 2 1/2 weeks and It's my office so I drive everywhere all day, I also like the extra HP you get out of these new turbo diesels. My wifey likes the F250 :lipsrsealed: and I refuse to go that route, I told her I would rather get a Ram truck than get a ummm, I just can't say it, it puts a bad taste in my mouth :redface:. What do you guys and gals think? BTW we're not getting rid of the Voy :wink:

HARDTRAILZ

Nov 18, 2011
You realize the mpg payoff is over 100,000 miles even on a little VW. It is longer on a truck. If you dont tow with it, there is no real reason to get one.

I have driven multiple new crew cabs over the past few years and they are incredible vehicles. You wont be dissappointed.

ItsOnVoy

Nov 21, 2011
StvsDenaliXL said:
Well everyone, like the thread said, the wifey and I are contemplating getting a new ride. We're thinking of a pick-up with the cab and 4 doors, I already had thoughts of a Sierra or Silverado 2500HD, I really like the diesels they have really come a long way, True diesel fuel is a little more expensive at the pump, but considering the mpgs you get it would work itself out in the long run. I use a Silverado 2500HD at work and I would fill up it's 31 gallon tank about every 2 to 2 1/2 weeks and It's my office so I drive everywhere all day, I also like the extra HP you get out of these new turbo diesels. My wifey likes the F250 :lipsrsealed: and I refuse to go that route, I told her I would rather get a Ram truck than get a ummm, I just can't say it, it puts a bad taste in my mouth :redface:. What do you guys and gals think? BTW we're not getting rid of the Voy :wink:

Lol See me personally I would get a F150 over a Ram any day! I do not like Chrysler and there cars that much!! But I would not get a diesel...like the other guys said. Unless you tow then I would not worry about it! But i never driven one so I could be wrong and they could be great!

HARDTRAILZ

Nov 18, 2011
ItsOnVoy said:
But i never driven one so I could be wrong and they could be great!

I love driving them, but would not pay the premium for it since I would not really use it. They are quiet and smooth and gobs of power.

ItsOnVoy

Nov 21, 2011
HARDTRAILZ said:
I love driving them, but would not pay the premium for it since I would not really use it. They are quiet and smooth and gobs of power.

That is surprising to hear there quiet!! I thought if anything a diesel v8 would have some sound to it lol I mean our Yukon has a deep sound but yeah actually it is pretty quiet as we drive it lol never mind then :bonk: Smooth is always a plus!! I like a smooth car so you can drive comfortably and not get annoyed from little bumps on the road you know! I would get the Sierra!! It is a really nice truck!! StvsDenaliXL what color are you thinking of getting when you do get one?

StvsDenaliXL

Original poster
Nov 21, 2011
HARDTRAILZ said:
You realize the mpg payoff is over 100,000 miles even on a little VW. It is longer on a truck. If you dont tow with it, there is no real reason to get one.

I have driven multiple new crew cabs over the past few years and they are incredible vehicles. You wont be dissappointed.

I will be towing with it, so that's another reason why I like the diesel

ItsOnVoy said:
That is surprising to hear there quiet!! I thought if anything a diesel v8 would have some sound to it lol I mean our Yukon has a deep sound but yeah actually it is pretty quiet as we drive it lol never mind then :bonk: Smooth is always a plus!! I like a smooth car so you can drive comfortably and not get annoyed from little bumps on the road you know! I would get the Sierra!! It is a really nice truck!! StvsDenaliXL what color are you thinking of getting when you do get one?

They are much quieter and I love driving my work truck, I sometimes wish I had the same power in my Voy that I have my work truck. We haven't decided on the color yet, but I do like Midnight Blue

Regulator

Nov 20, 2011
Congrats on the new pending purchase. I can't be any assistance in advice, I have never looked at a diesel. I know that when we get to the point of buying another truck it will be a Chevy Avalanche. I miss mine every day.

StvsDenaliXL

Original poster
Nov 21, 2011
Regulator said:
Congrats on the new pending purchase. I can't be any assistance in advice, I have never looked at a diesel. I know that when we get to the point of buying another truck it will be a Chevy Avalanche. I miss mine every day.

I really like the Avalanche, we thought about one of those also, but we could really use the better MPG....too bad they don't make a diesel version, I would be all over it :tongue:

fletch09

Nov 20, 2011
my work has a 2007 silverado 3500 dually w/ flatbed stake body & sunken 5th wheel ball
6.6L duramax diesel
allison shiftable 6 speed auto
had since new, 100,000+ miles
not a lick of trouble.
just normal wear items. oil, fuel filter (every 15,000), tires, brakes
when i first drove it, was impressed w/ how quite it was.
had replaced a 1993 dodge w/ a cummings in it.
also impressed w/ power it had.
i would but another when the time comes. :twocents:

ItsOnVoy

Nov 21, 2011
StvsDenaliXL said:
I will be towing with it, so that's another reason why I like the diesel

They are much quieter and I love driving my work truck, I sometimes wish I had the same power in my Voy that I have my work truck. We haven't decided on the color yet, but I do like Midnight Blue

Mee too man :frown: If the voy had more power then it would be awesome lol

Midnight blue is a nice color for sure!!

91RS

Dec 4, 2011
The Duramax is the best, definately go with the Chevy. The Fords are still junk, don't buy it if you want reliability. The Dodges aren't bad, their interiors are a little better for now but you really will only notice it if you're getting the fully loaded version. Even still, I'd be going with the Silverado/Sierra.

Ghoster

Lifetime VIP Donor
Nov 18, 2011
The interior of the Dodge still feels cheap to me. they are certainly better than they used to be though.

I would buy the Chevy. After looking at the full sized trucks its still my favorite. These things sure do get expensive when you load them up though.

smitty5150

Nov 18, 2011
Chevy all the way on this one. I am a big dodge fan, but I hate the way the ram looks now. I've always tried not to discriminate against vehicles as long as they are domestic, but chevy trucks have always proven themselves.

WannabeG

Dec 4, 2011
Ford over Dodge any day.... The new Ford trucks are awesome. :yes: Go drive one with an open mind and you will! :wootwoot: Chevy/GMC first though. Cant beat 'em!

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MissCrutcher

Members Online