Possible free audio for me....

mikeinDE

Original poster
Jan 4, 2012
I got approached the other day while I was showing BIG BLACK. The owner of the audio store (who was putting on this carshow) came up and started talking to me about my truck and my audio set-up.
Here's my lineup now:
--STINGER SPS70 Power Supply, Mounted Inside the Vehicle
--ALPINE iDA-X305S, Digital Media Receiver
--ALPINE RUE-4202, Universal Remote
--ALPINE PDX-5 Amplifier
--ALPINE PDX-M12 Amplifier
--ALPINE SPR-17S, TYPE-R Front Door Components
--ALPINE SPR-17C, TYPE-R Rear Door Speakers
--ALPINE SPR-60, TYPE-R 6.5 Inch Speakers
--two ALPINE SWR-1043D, TYPE-R 10 Inch Subs
--DYNAMAT XTREME Bulk Kit

Well he said he could swap out my subs to more current versions for free. And swap out the PDX-5 to a newer version for "maybe a couple bucks". He then said.... "I want you to have the most current models if you are gonna be representing me" :confused: :undecided: hhmmmmm.....he told me to come to his shop so we can talk.
So I'm gonna head up there this Friday and see the details of this possible offer.
Cuz here's my wishlist (on top of his upgraded Amp and Subs offer):
--ALPINE KTP-445, Power Pack
--ALPINE Tweeters (for the Dash)
--ALPINE Tweeter (On-Star Dome) (I think I saw a thread for this mod here on GMT somewhere :biggrin:)
--Two TV's for the Hatch (custom setup idea that I have floating in my head, that would also involve a set or two of ALPINE CoAxials and a PS3)
--A second battery (thinking Kinetik)
--Maybe a different power supply
--Katzkin Black Suede seats
--Probably a couple other odds-n-ends I am forgetting...

I figure it can't hurt to roll up and see what he meant by "representing me" and what actually he wants me to bring to the table. And in-turn I am gonna throw my requests on the table and see what he is willing to do for me, whether it be FREEEEEEE or even a nice discount. :smile:

03TB93

Mar 25, 2012
Keep us posted mike. IMHO it sounds wayyy to good to be true. a couple bucks is gonna turn into a couple hundred.. i wouldnt be suprised if it was a couple thousand for all those goodies lol But deff give us an update on friday :thumbsup:

BTW, That guy seemed nice, but i also think there was something fishy about him. Dont let him act like hes your best friend. Thats the vibe i got man, Just lookin out for you bro, but your a big boy, you got it :cool:

mikeinDE

Original poster
Jan 4, 2012
03TB93 said:
Keep us posted mike. IMHO it sounds wayyy to good to be true. a couple bucks is gonna turn into a couple hundred.. i wouldnt be suprised if it was a couple thousand for all those goodies lol But deff give us an update on friday :thumbsup:

BTW, That guy seemed nice, but i also think there was something fishy about him. Dont let him act like hes your best friend. Thats the vibe i got man, Just lookin out for you bro, but your a big boy, you got it :cool:

I hear ya bro, Thanks for looking out. I will definitely let ya know what I find out on Friday. I wanna hear his side of this. If his crazy butt wants to give me all he said for doing a handful of shows, I am in. Plus if I can park with their "shop cars" at shows, it'll get more attention for BIG BLACK and GMT's as well!! :thumbsup:

03TB93

Mar 25, 2012
mikeinDE said:
I hear ya bro, Thanks for looking out. I will definitely let ya know what I find out on Friday. I wanna hear his side of this. If his crazy butt wants to give me all he said for doing a handful of shows, I am in. Plus if I can park with their "shop cars" at shows, it'll get more attention for BIG BLACK and GMT's as well!! :thumbsup:

Yes sir, we gotta get the name out somewhere :biggrin: and i think its gonna be a boatload of shows compared to a handful, depending on what he wants to "give" you i guess haha. Good luck buddy

mikeinDE

Original poster
Jan 4, 2012
So, it looks like Car Audio, Video, Navigation, Subwoofers, and Amplifiers will be sponsoring me. I met with the owner yesterday. He said he is gonna swap out all my ALPINE products, that are not current models, for free (so that looks like one of my two amps, both 10" subs, and my door speakers,-----plus trying to negotiate for them to do tweeters in the dash where the BOSE spots are). All I have to do is cover the labor.

In turn, He wants me to do all the OC CAR SHOW events and Sound of TriState events, which is only about a handful of shows a year. It sounds like I will be entered for free into these shows and be parked at their booth along with an H2 and an H3 that they are also currently sponsoring. Also he wants me to run a shop-sticker on my car.

I told him that I can't make the OC CAR SHOW next week, and he said he was fine with that.

The offer is not finalized yet though.

:undecided: I think that's about it.

:biggrin::wootwoot::thumbsup::cool::yes:

mikeinDE

Original poster
Jan 4, 2012
MAY03LT said:
Congrats!

Thanks man! It's still up in the air, but looks like it's gonna be a done-deal.....

03TB93

Mar 25, 2012
awww you cant make OC next week mike!? :frown: But sound like a fair trade off.. Good luck my friend :thumbsup:

mikeinDE

Original poster
Jan 4, 2012
03TB93 said:
awww you cant make OC next week mike!? :frown: But sound like a fair trade off.. Good luck my friend :thumbsup:

Hey Dan, I didn't mean it like that. I am still gonna come down (most likely) on SAT just to check it out. I meant that I wouldn't be showing. So we will have to meet up or something man!! :wootwoot:

Thanks for the luck :thumbsup:

03TB93

Mar 25, 2012
mikeinDE said:
Hey Dan, I didn't mean it like that. I am still gonna come down (most likely) on SAT just to check it out. I meant that I wouldn't be showing. So we will have to meet up or something man!! :wootwoot:

Thanks for the luck :thumbsup:

ooohh ok gotcha buddy. Ya my just shoot me a text if we dont talk before than and well Hang for a couple hours and check it out. ill have my girl with me so idk how much of looking at nice cars she can take without getting bored :raspberry: lol

mikeinDE

Original poster
Jan 4, 2012
03TB93 said:
ooohh ok gotcha buddy. Ya my just shoot me a text if we dont talk before than and well Hang for a couple hours and check it out. ill have my girl with me so idk how much of looking at nice cars she can take without getting bored :raspberry: lol

cool, sounds good! :thumbsup:
She doesn't have to look at all the cars, there is also hot girls there to look at :rotfl: :tongue:

03TB93

Mar 25, 2012
mikeinDE said:
cool, sounds good! :thumbsup:
She doesn't have to look at all the cars, there is also hot girls there to look at :rotfl: :tongue:

Hmmm.. Ill ask her if she rolls that way. This could be good mike, Great idea :wink: lol

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MissCrutcher

Members Online

No members online now.