trailblazer6.jpg

However, just browsing through and I found this Blue 2006 Trailblazer LT:
1GNDT13S662139971-11.jpg

1GNDT13S662139971-21.jpg

1GNDT13S662139971-8.jpg

1GNDT13S662139971-7.jpg

1GNDT13S662139971-6.jpg

1GNDT13S662139971-12.jpg

So as you can see, the 2006 LT is an upgraded model, with fog lights, leather seats, sunroof and all the other goodies of the LT that I didn't get with my LS. The dealer wants $5700 so I'm going to offer up my TB plus cash and depending on what numbers he throws back, I'll see what is or isn't doable.

I'm asking for anyone who has swapped up, what is your feedback? Can you feel the power increase from 270 HP to 291 HP? How are the leather seats compared to cloth?

jham

Nov 20, 2011
While I haven't made the upgrade to a newer tb the 2006 looks like a massive upgrade from the 2002. At 5700 I am assuming it has high mileage. But with that if the numbers work I would jump all over it.

fadyasha

Dec 21, 2011
If you get a good deal for it then go for it! leather seats are pretty hot in the summer LOL! but they look 100% better. LT all the way

Regulator

Nov 20, 2011
After all the work you put into yours, you are going to look to upgrade? Watch out, your wife may like the new one and decide to take it back from you. :raspberry: In all seriousness, if you get a good deal then I would certainly jump on it.

fletch09

Nov 20, 2011
maybe it's just me, but it looks like somethings wrong w/ the drivers seat.
possibly the piece that holds the seat controls may be busted.
had that break on me when i had my 03.
might give you some bargaining room if it is broken. :twocents:

willn513

Dec 4, 2011
fletch09 said:
maybe it's just me, but it looks like somethings wrong w/ the drivers seat.
possibly the piece that holds the seat controls may be busted.
had that break on me when i had my 03.
might give you some bargaining room if it is broken. :twocents:

Good eye! You're right I believe....

HARDTRAILZ

Nov 18, 2011
Do it.

Clockman06LT

Dec 14, 2011
I've owned an 06 LT with the same package that you're looking at for 3 years now. Great interior that's holding up very well. Smooth power and runs strong. I think models from 06 and up received several improvements. So far so good on mine.

When I bought it:

TBClean1.jpg

After a run in with Bambi:

NewBumper2.jpg

NewBumper1a.jpg

:smile:

Sparky

Dec 4, 2011
An 06 LT for only $5700? What's wrong with it I wonder... Heck I paid more for my 02 LS (granted, a fairly loaded up LS) with 112k miles. Your 02 LS is 4x4, is the 06 LT 4x4 as well? The pic is hiding the selector switch location behind the wheel.

HARDTRAILZ

Nov 18, 2011
The price is not surprisingly low to me. I do see alot of people come on here that seem to overpay. It is a 6 year old truck...

Sparky

Dec 4, 2011
I guess the area affects it too. But I would think New Jersey would have a similar demand for 4x4 vehicles as Ohio... But then, maybe not, depending on what side of the political / environmental spectrum the general population is (i.e. seeing SUV's as big evil planet killers or something of that nature).

HARDTRAILZ

Nov 18, 2011
Location has a ton to do with prices. I think OH and IN closer in price that OH and NJ.

Jkust

Dec 4, 2011
Price-wise it is all regional. Minnesota where I live has near the top highest cost of living in the country so our cars and our paradigm of what a good deal is, is vastly different. That is why I just bought my second 360 from Ohio where the economy is depressed and cars are 30 - 40% cheaper at least. It was like shopping in Mexico at the zocalo.
Our other 360 in the garage was an upgrade from a 2004 Rainier with all options except the Nav and Dvd to a 2007 Rainier with every option offered and now additionally a 9-7x with every option money could buy except the running boards. The 9-7 is an outlier refinement wise so not a good comparison and so I can say the biggest differences between the Rainiers being 3 years apart are things you can't see. Side air bags in the 04 versus full side curtain air bags in the 07 and the biggest and best feature to ever be put on a car is stabilitrac in the 07. Stabilitrac will be on your 06 as well. Stabilitrac among other things makes an suv with a propensity to roll over as our 04 Rainier did comparable where statistics are concerned to the same rollover incidence as a car. Having lived with the stabilitrac system for some time now I can tell you it is astoundingly, fantasticaly amazing. It is now standard on all 2012 cars for good reason. It is a quantum leap forward in car technology. So much so that I wouldn't take a garage full of new 05's without stabilitrac for free. I didn't catch if the LT was a 4wd but if it was it will also have the traction control system different from the stabilitrac. Every one I've had has also had the v8 and so my opinion is skewed toward the additional benefits of the v8 as well. For that money depending of miles and a few other basics through my MN lens of car prices and crappy MN condition, I'd alread have it in my garage even with an i6. By the way, I presume the leather seats are heated and in the cold climate it is great. The leather in the northern climate doesn't get overwhelmingly hot in the summer either.

Sparky

Dec 4, 2011
Traction control of some sort is standard on all new cars because of government mandate :smile:rolleyes:smile:, not because GM decided to put it there because it works well.

smitty5150

Nov 18, 2011
Sparky said:
I guess the area affects it too. But I would think New Jersey would have a similar demand for 4x4 vehicles as Ohio... But then, maybe not, depending on what side of the political / environmental spectrum the general population is (i.e. seeing SUV's as big evil planet killers or something of that nature).

Suvs and trucks have a pretty decent demand here in jersey. There are so many trailblazers, however, that the market is shifting on our values. Hell, with that 06 going for 5700 at a dealership I will consider myself lucky if I can sell my 02 for $3500. Almost makes me wonder why I should bother getting rid of it.

Mooseman

Dec 4, 2011
Ottawa, ON
For the leather, seeing you're a northern dweller, when it's cold out and you sit on that rock hard leather, it's like a block of ice, unless you have heated seats. I just bought a heated cushion for mine. I didn't really have issues with it in the summer.

And I would jump on that depending on mileage and condition. I agree. $5700 is low. I see that price here for 02-04's. The lower priced ones are high mileage.

Jkust

Dec 4, 2011
Sparky said:
Traction control of some sort is standard on all new cars because of government mandate :smile:rolleyes:smile:, not because GM decided to put it there because it works well.

Agreed 100% egregious government interferience with the private sector just like the tire pressure monitor system on 2007 on up cars sold in the USA. Similar to airbags however, it performs so well, they have mandated it through regulatory authority similar to the thousands of new regulations heaved upon the shoulders of business every year. The private sector via the free market will respond as required by buyers. I would have paid for both the tire pressure system and stabilitrac as I did side airbags on my first Rainier.

Jkust

Dec 4, 2011
Mooseman said:
For the leather, seeing you're a northern dweller, when it's cold out and you sit on that rock hard leather, it's like a block of ice, unless you have heated seats. I just bought a heated cushion for mine. I didn't really have issues with it in the summer.

And I would jump on that depending on mileage and condition. I agree. $5700 is low. I see that price here for 02-04's. The lower priced ones are high mileage.

It is not unusual to get to negative 40 on the Farenheight scale here in MN. I have had only leather seats for so many cars, I don't notice the block of ice. I also keep the cars in the garage and have climate controlled parking at work and other than sitting at the airport, the seats never really get the full brunt. My point is potentially harder leather quickly heats up with just your butt temp much less the heated option and many people's circumstances make so you never even know there is a down side to leather ever. The upsides to leather quickly outhweigh any perceived downside.

jimmyjam

Nov 18, 2011
i just sold my 02 lt with 115kmi for 7k so jump on that ****

and lets not talk about overpricing like its a bad thing :smile:

HARDTRAILZ

Nov 18, 2011
Looks like a great buy. I would snatch it up if I could talk the wife into something other than her van. Cant figure out her obsession with that things.

Jkust

Dec 4, 2011
HARDTRAILZ said:
Looks like a great buy. I would snatch it up if I could talk the wife into something other than her van. Cant figure out her obsession with that things.

Ha ha, we still have a minivan we need to get rid of since I got the 9-7. They hold a lot more cargo and seat 7 so easily but the biggest thing is that the kids can't slam the sliding doors into the 360. Also I think I could put it in second gear and floor it all day and still get 23mpg's and the tank is 25 gallons, has heated leather and all, paid cash for it when it was nearly new and have spent maybe $1000 on it for maintainance in nearly 10 years of hard driving. Hands down the most family friendly, nearly zero maintainance vehicle I've ever owned is the minivan plus I towed my 4000 lb boat with it several times long and short distances. If you could change fluids and bulbs from under the car, I could have never had to open the hood. That is why we have been obsessed with the van for so many years. I thumb my nose at Toyota and Honds minivans compared to the good old Silhouette. The only down side is the certain death in the off set crash test.

07ChevyTruck

Dec 5, 2011
So any updates on this??????

lynch55

Dec 14, 2011
:iagree: that is a great price! I would jump on it and KEEP my old one to turn into my own roadie mobile!

2010 CamaroSS

Original poster
Dec 5, 2011
07ChevyTruck said:
So any updates on this??????

Due to Christmas unfortunately I didn't have time to get down to the dealer to check it out, and in usual fashion, someone else jumped on it.

So, back to the drawing board!!!

Jkust

Dec 4, 2011
2010 CamaroSS said:
Due to Christmas unfortunately I didn't have time to get down to the dealer to check it out, and in usual fashion, someone else jumped on it.

So, back to the drawing board!!!

Yes it only takes one of these to realize if you need to ask the question, you aren't ready to buy but surely someone else is. When buying a car, I knew every single vehicle on the local and national market that fit what I wanted at the moment. As soon as one came up for sale, I knew if it was a new listing and whether it was a good deal or not. Legitimate good deals last hours here and you need to be prepared to leave work, take the day off or whatever to scoop it up. I kept $20,000 in the checkbook so I could write the check and be done with it when I finally found the one. The day I finally found and bought a legitimate good deal, my wife was happier than me since I could finally stop the new car mission that soaked up so much time.

HARDTRAILZ

Nov 18, 2011
I took off work when I found mine and while I was waiting for the bank to call back, even though I was pre-approved, two guys waited with cash in case I did not buy it. Would have lost out on the deal if not ready to go when it presented itself.

Jkust

Dec 4, 2011
HARDTRAILZ said:
I took off work when I found mine and while I was waiting for the bank to call back, even though I was pre-approved, two guys waited with cash in case I did not buy it. Would have lost out on the deal if not ready to go when it presented itself.

The down side though is that you take off work drive all around town, realize that the camera as well as the car salesmen lie and you still took off work until you find the one.

07ChevyTruck

Dec 5, 2011
O well another one will come along this year.

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MissCrutcher

Members Online