Poor quality answers given by noobs at trailvoy

Uncle Blazer

Dec 8, 2011
I typed red wire into the OS search box and got 10 pages of results. Shurely one of the links could have answered his question.

lint

Dec 4, 2011
What its not for the flux capacitor , damn all that work for nothing.:hissyfit:

yeah i saw that yesterday too. All these people coming for help '' Lost'' trying to save cash and not go to the dealer . and no response.

BO TIE SS

Nov 18, 2011
TXBlazer said:
The red wire you are looking at is for the trailer brakes.
Actually, it's not for the brakes. :raspberry:

It's for charging an on-board battery if your trailer has one. :yes:

MAY03LT

Nov 18, 2011
Delmarva
Uncle Blazer said:
I typed red wire into the OS search box and got 10 pages of results.

Even better, googling this:

site:forums.trailvoy.com trailblazer red wire

Got me this:

About 4,010 results (0.43 seconds)

More people should post about the Trailblazer red wire here. You know, the Trailblazer red wire that doesn't hook up to anything. The Trailblazer red wire that not a lot of people (including me) knows what it does. The Trailblazer red wire that could do many things. The Trailblazer red wire that came into my home, disrespected my family. Yeah, that Trailblazer red wire.

kardain

Dec 16, 2011
MAY03LT said:
Even better, googling this:

site:forums.trailvoy.com trailblazer red wire

Got me this:

About 4,010 results (0.43 seconds)

More people should post about the Trailblazer red wire here. You know, the Trailblazer red wire that doesn't hook up to anything. The Trailblazer red wire that not a lot of people (including me) knows what it does. The Trailblazer red wire that could do many things. The Trailblazer red wire that came into my home, disrespected my family. Yeah, that Trailblazer red wire.

Quoting for pagerank

TXBlazer

Original poster
Nov 21, 2011
Cypress, TEXAS USA
MAY03LT said:

Ya'll know.....The little red wire that could, so he did!!

LordBear

Dec 22, 2011
lol..i had no clue what that wire was...didnt remember seeing it tell after i got an aftermarket stereo installed and thought maybe it went to the old stereo some how..lol.. answered my unasked question

Black_tb

Dec 6, 2011
umm yeah i see this red wire its not hook to anything under my hood whats it suppose to do its red and right by the fuse box

MAY03LT

Nov 18, 2011
Delmarva
Isn't the red wire supposed to be hooked up to something? My brothers uncles nephew said the red wire looks important.

HARDTRAILZ

Nov 18, 2011
I used a self-tepper and grounded it to the fender. Should make some extra HP now that it is not an open circuit

Mooseman

Dec 4, 2011
Ottawa, ON
That red wire under the hood near the battery not connected to anything and just hanging there has always been a mystery. To connect or not to connect, that is the question.

MAY03LT

Nov 18, 2011
Delmarva
Yeah, I'm not sure if that red wire under the hood near the battery in my Trailblazer that is not connected to anything and just hanging there and has always been a mystery should be connected. I wonder if anyone else connected the red wire under the hood near the battery in their Trailblazer or Envoy or Bravada or Rainier or Ascender or that SAAB variant that I always say the letters/numbers wrong on that is not connected to anything and just hanging there and has always been a mystery to anything.

Uncle Blazer

Dec 8, 2011
I connected mine directly to my Tornado air intake enhancer to pre-electrify the air which increases combustion speed. I figure I have gained at least 15HP and 21.65% better fuel economy.

RayVoy

Nov 20, 2011
I just found a red wire, under the hood of my Avalanche, any one know what it might be for?

Yep, it's under the hood of all GM trucks with the trailer connector.

Psst, there are also wires under that dash that don't seem to be connected to anything, anyone know what they might be for?
The electric trailer brakes :eek: well, I'll be.

Regulator

Nov 20, 2011
I use it as a good location to jump the truck from when the battery is dead. The black wire on the fuse box is what I ground to.

I am being a smart ass, if you are stupid enough to actually try this then you deserve the damage that will be inflicted.

The_Roadie

Lifetime VIP Donor
Nov 19, 2011
Portland, OR
The wonderful thing is when noobs DO discover that the red wire goes to a threaded stud near the Megafuse, they usually find a link to this picture of mine, whose contents have been, as they say, jiggered with.

megafuse1.jpg

The real one is renamed:

megafuse1-orig.jpg

Sparky

Dec 4, 2011
I think it is convenient that GM left us that nice empty stud to use for our HID relay kits :cool:

Mark20

Dec 6, 2011
:thumbsup:

DARKASS04EXT

Nov 21, 2011
I have my mono amp running off of that red wire, should i change where the connection goes? I used the red wire so i didnt have to buy a new Battery Terminal, they are kinda pricey.

:biggrin:

The_Roadie

Lifetime VIP Donor
Nov 19, 2011
Portland, OR
I honestly can't keep up anymore. There are true noobs ( possibly a minority), shill noobs acting stupid, shill noobs trying to provoke fights, regular members acting up to explore the envelope of being banned, regular members trying to keep trailvoy alive but who continue to issue WRONG ANSWERS out of ignorance, and the rare volunteer who enjoys helping noobs but who isn't yet convinced that it's best for them to be helped HERE.

Need a scorecard. :biggrin:

Me007gold

Nov 20, 2011
There are some really scary threads over there right now. So much misinformation, You just want to help them, but have to hold back.

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MissCrutcher

Members Online